Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Killer_A-C

Restored A-C 410

tmerideth
Thanks Matt. This is a 410S that I just finished restoring for a good friend of mine. It was a complete tear down and rebuild. Did not get to take some photos during the process, but glad this one is finished. Now got to start on my 720, HB112, and 314H of my own.

joshuaareed
Are those 23-8.5-12' on the rear. and what size tri ribs did you use on the front. That looks very nice. Any secret tips on the rebuild, as I have a 314 I hope to do over the summer.

tmerideth
Thanks for the compliments. Moose, you can use the 23 X 10.5 X 12 on the rear if you have the rims for it. I prefer the 8.50 myself. I saw that Rod Hubbard prefers "the wider the better" on the poll question in Talking Tractors. :D You can also get new hood latches from Sandy Lake, real reasonable. Look great. Josh, the rear tires are 23 X 8.50 X 12, what the owner had on it when I picked it up. I put the tri-ribs on for him, 4.80 X 4.00 X 8. Really make the tractor steer almost like it has power steering. Spent a lot of time replacing all the bushings in the front axle and spindles and added grease zerks. Wet sanded the paint, buffed with fine compound, finished off by buffing with a paint polish. Gave the paint a lot of depth and shine. Paul, I certainly can understand why you may be tired, but I think I will stick with restoring only my own. I have a 314H, HB112, and a 720 just waiting for me to get the shop cleaned and re-organized so I can start on them.

albj93
Looks like it is new. Very nice. Excellent job..dOd. Guess he can't use it now...:D The 720 to restore...is it the one that was on the trailer at Matt's place last year? Take care Tom, Andy

tmerideth
Yep Andy, that's the one. I have to pull the engine out to repair/replace the starter. Figured while I got that much disassembled, I would do a clean up, check worn bushings/bearings, and repaint with new decals, at least. Unit is in pretty decent original shape. I also had the HB 112 and the 314H at Matt's too, first year I think. Both solid tractors, need clean up and repaint.