Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve hitch to 3 point question

dallenx

I just bought a brinly 10" plow to use on my 620. The problem is the tractor has the three point lift and the plow has the sleeve hitch style to it. I found some pictures around here (simpletractors) but I'm curious, is there some guidelines I should follow before I start welding? How high should the top link hole be above the bottom links? How far forward or back should the top link hole be from the bottom holes? Help!

I have a Sleeve Hitch to 3pt adapter. (I think it was made by Brinly Hardy) I use it in conjunction with my Brinly plow. I'll look to see if I have documentation in my binder on the "A-Frame" adapter. Otherwise, e-mail me a fax number and I'll send you a sketch. I broke the adapter once while plowing so it should be heavier. Also, it would be nice to come up with a system to mount two moldboards because I usually have my 9020 powermax at about 1/3 throttle pulling just one. I plow about 1/2 acre each spring for my sweet corn and it would be nice to speed up the process. Paul

Further to my last reply, Brinly still makes this adapter, so you should be able to order one. Here's a link to their accessories:[A href='http://www.brinly.com/accessories.htm']http://www.brinly.com/accessories.htm[/a]

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just got an e-mail back from brinly and they said they have no such adapter but I could call one of their engineers for ideas. The link you provided was great, I looked but didn't find that page on the Brinly site. I inlarged the adapter and I'll make one from that print. You're right about the 2-bottom plow set up, it would be nice. I rigged up an adapter out of some thin project metal, (didn't last long) but at 1/3 throttle my wife said the tractor could have been pulling two plows. I guess the 20hp per plow rule doesn't apply to us. Does your plow follow just inside the right rear tire? It seems I might want to set mine up that way so my right side tires could be in the last furrow. I had a heck of a time driving over the turned earth while trying to get the new furrow next to the last one. We don't have snow here and the temp was 63deg so I have to play with something.

I don't know why they'd hav'em on their web site if theyre not selling them. Dumb, isn't it? Anyway, glad it helped. Make sure you have the cross chains set properly on the 3pt arms or they'll rub on the tires from the side force created by the plow. Paul

Now I know what you mean by side force. I hit an area today that did not stop the tractor but I was sliding sideways like I was on ice. Had to attack that area from a different direction.