Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Delco Starter/Generator parts sources

B.Ikard

Gents, I am about at a loss searching for a pulley for a delco starter generator. Never dreamed it would be such an elusive item... Anybody know of a source for a pulley, either new or used? It's oddball all right:D .670 i.d. x 2.750 o.d.x 3/8" belt groove Similar to 40's-50's GM vehicle generators but .050 larger i.d. bore. Guess it's a good enough excuse to buy a lathe.... Any help would be appreciated- Brent

Delco-Remy has some available. Send me your E-mail address and I will attach a cut sheet from their 2006 sales manual. At one time we used to stock one pulley for Delco generators and the 10 series alternators for the 53 series DD engines. Today everything automotive is now mirco vee because is of serpentine drive arrangements.

Brent, A local bearing house had a metric pulley that has the correct bore diameter, OD and belt groove. There was no key-way and the hub was too long, but a little work by a machinist would have you up and running. I found a good used one, so I did not buy that one, but it was my next option. If you have a local bearing supply store that stocks belts and pulleys, they might be able to help. Good luck, Jim

Thanks for the replies, I added surplus center to my favorites.....looks like a great store. The pulley is still available from delco remy for $35.00 XX( Odd that the pulley ID is just about a perfect 17mm-mabye we started metrics earlier than I thought... I'm not sure if the surplus center pulley has a keyway,but it might not matter that much, and for less than a dollar I might buy 2 ! Brent

Just seemed out of place on a 60's Delco starter generator. Remember back hen metric was an evil system pushed down our throats by communists :D

quote:
Originally posted by B.Ikard
Just seemed out of place on a 60's Delco starter generator. Remember back hen metric was an evil system pushed down our throats by communists :D
Still is to me.:D