Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bruker

Champion Truck Plug?

Bruker
Has anyone here ever used Champion Truck Plugs in their garden tractor engines? I have a couple of newer Simplicitys with the Kohler 20hp & 23hp engines that I'm getting ready for the next mowing season.

LPH-5
I have B110's , used Champion & Delco but was not happy, so have switched to Autolite for several years (non-resistor) in Lawn Tractors and and am a happy camper, Don't know anything about truck plugs, my two cents, I would check heat range of plug (I just don't know) good luck.

skunkhome
When I as young we used to swear by Champion Plugs but in the past 15-20 years I have learned to swear at them. I can not tell the number of plugs were totally dead straight out of the package. It got the the point where I was buying an extra plug every time I changed plugs just so I wouldn't have to reinstall an old plug just to get me back to the auto parts store for a replacement. If you use anything other than what the manual calls for be sure it is a direct replacement.

andrewk
I didn't mention that I have had the same luck as everyone else here with the Champion plugs, however, I prefer the NGK to Autolite. In our shop we actually use the Oregon "Gator" plugs in most equipment, which I have been told are made by Nippondenso, and we have seen virtually no dead ones out of the box.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

1. AC1945WC
      AC1945WC
      (39 years old)
    2. popcorn
      popcorn
      (49 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts