Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
McGill

Pullers

Les
I am a puller and use AC tractors. They are very competitive in the Stock and Stock Altered classes but will not work well in Mod, Pro, and Super Stock (tube axle will not take the hp at 50+). The main reason that you do not see many AC/Simplicity is that they are still working mowing the lawns and other chores with their quick attachments. The Cubs never did a good job at mowing and forget about the other attachments so there are alot of therm sitting around with nothing to do so....... no one felt bad to cut them up and turn them into pullers. Mike.

that the same thing of nascar racing the banished Dodge car until this year since 1983 because the was to fast and to strong, same thing for A/C tractors. HA!HA! Don.P Montréal

BradW
I'm a puller and I run 2 Allis Chalmers B-110 and do very well with them. The tractors have been set up for pulling since 1980. The only problem we have had is we were always breaking the spider gears, until we welded the axle soild and got rid of the gears.I'm in the process of restoring my first puller which was a Big Ten, building it back to original for my nephew.

stevejj56
I'm a puller, but I run Cub 582's in stalk-altered and superstock. As said in above posts,the AC tractors work in stock and stock altered classes. I'm in a club in Central Illinois and theres a guy that runs two AC's and does pretty good with them. The cub drive-train is direct and to make a cub pull, the clutch spring has to be replaced with a stiffer one. The axle tubes will break and belt will slip on an AC. I might add that this guy runs Kohler engines, 712,716,912, or 916 frames and 3-speed trannys. Steve

Guest Jef
i pull with a 7010 3 sp and working on a b1 maby to do the same but dont know as of yet. as far as why, the rules dont work with the a/c rear ends it hard to make the hich adj and be behind the plain rear tires, and most will not let you lock or weld the rear ends to gether, but do thay pull yes and its about time that we tack back the gold..... have fun pulling nate

JoeJ
Reply to the question about the 9020/4041/4040/720/620/616. First these tractors are heavier with no more hp than like a "Sovereign" (you can always weight up to your weight class and put the weights where you need them). Second they are only hydrostatic drive. I have not seen any hydros that are very competitive. Third the competition would probably put the tractor in the "Compact Tractor" class. Where it would be going against 30hp+ diesel tractors. Mike S.