Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rare Simplicity Accessory

Mike

When I was up helping my brother in law clean up his dad's estate, I spied this modern block and tackle, however when I left I forgot to take it with me. My brother in law wrapped it for me for christmas along with this nifty gas can. What a guy!
[img]/club2/attach/Mike/mini-gas can 001.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Mike/mini-gas can 002.jpg[/img]

Awesome......I wonder if it takes the pain out of gas prices!?!? Probably not, but it's got a 10 for cool factor. Great find!

I scored a few NOS ones some years back. Sold the two worst ones to pay for all of the others. I was told they were given away as a promo in the early '80's with the purchase of a walk behind snow blower. Tim

Very cool. Don't see too many of those. Makes you wonder what all we can actually find that relate to our tractor.

I can't find a pic of it right now, but I actually scored an NOS front FRAME!! for my early Broadmoors. There was no reason in the world for a dealer to have had that. Looking back in my old parts price lists, the frame for the 6&7hp tractors was obsoleted in the early 1970's if I remember right. I bought it about 4 years ago. If they got stiffed by a customer special order, they should have returned in on a yearly parts return. But then, they also had a belt hanging on the wall with a special order sales slip that was about 20 years old. The guy never picked it up, and they never put it in inventory to try to sell it. Got forgotten until they were cleaning up to auction the place off after going out of business. It's fun to find weird stuff like that. Tim