Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cab Project

Ted R. Williams

So much fuss about cabs,I thought I'd show you mine. It started as a reclaim from my 67' Ford,and now its modified for my 6116. Still needs paint in the Spring. This is a great Club< hope you guys enjoy these pics!!

This is how I bought it last Spring.

Nice retro fit and welcome to the club. Having blower and cab on while the grass is still green, no that's an interesting concept.^

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Nice retro fit and welcome to the club. Having blower and cab on while the grass is still green, no that's an interesting concept.^
Believe it or not-this pic was taken 12/28/07 here in S. Cent. PA. We haven't had a big snow yet.The other thing is I don't use the Tractor for mowing so I just pick the sides off for warm weather use around the yard. Thanks for looking and for the "ATABOY".

Ted there must be a law against something that nice!! Sure is a good looking setup and I agree with Bill,that has great visability. Is the cab a factory job or homebuilt? And while I'm here..Welcome to the club! Larry

quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Ted there must be a law against something that nice!! Sure is a good looking setup and I agree with Bill,that has great visability. Is the cab a factory job or homebuilt? And while I'm here..Welcome to the club!
This Cab is homebuilt! I built it for my 67'Ford but the Ford went to Tractor heaven last year. I purchased the 6116 last spring and rebuilt the Cab on it.These things are a lot of fun!! I got 4 way flashers,overhead work lights,heater and a few more goodies. Its never ending.I'm working on an electric lift for the blower and stack exhaust. I'll paint the whole mess this summer and repost the new looking Tractor. What fun and what a great Club!!! Thanks for the interest and ATABOYS!!!!

Battery rack in the winter, beverage cooler rack in the spring and summer!!!! Great looking cab and the rack on the back is a great idea. Is the back up batery for the lights, wiper and heater? I had given thought to a removeable rear rack similat to those you see on ATV's. Your design inspires! Welcome to the club!

The Aux. battery powers just about everything except the rear work light.The rack is made from 1" square 3/16" tubing,the same thing the frame is made from. Good and strong and heavy-hence no wheel weights yet!! Thanks for the ATABOY!!!