Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
acken

Repost Wards w/pics

acken

Still trying to find colors for pto. Parts in pics were black when I received tractor. I also included pics of my work table. Legs with casters come off, lower to ground with chain hoists or loader. Threaded rod wioth saddles hold rearend in place while I remove chassis for paint. I have painted the rearends right on the table. I use this for FDT's, and RBT's.

FastPaul
Wow that's looking really nice .The best part is how rare that's going to be .You don't see to mane Wards tractors .I would love to fine one ,Where are you going to get decals?? nice work I like the bench set up too :D

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Nice work. ^ Interesting drag link between the steering arm and the front spindle. Never seen one with the flattened section and upward bend before. Carry on,
Roy, that drag link is normal on the "round hood" FDTs, as far as I know. All I've had have had them... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/big10_delux/Dcp00302.jpg

Karl_Brandt
Nice looking color, I have not seen any Wards tractors before...only pictures. I have seen a few old Bolens tractors this color before. Keep up the good work. Karl

FastPaul
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Nice work. ^ Interesting drag link between the steering arm and the front spindle. Never seen one with the flattened section and upward bend before. Carry on,
Roy, that drag link is normal on the "round hood" FDTs, as far as I know. All I've had have had them... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/big10_delux/Dcp00302.jpg
Good Question The 66 Big Ten I just redid has one and so dose the 67 B-12 and the67 2010 Landlord ,But the 66 101 LL ,The 64 B-10 do not

ReedS
The drag link is different than the one on my '64 but is similar to one that was on a 2010 that I once had. The flattened ones are much stronger though I might add. Every once in a while I have to give my round drag link a little tweaking so it'll drive straight!:D

acken
Thanks for all of the kind comments. I will post a finished pic when I get there. Paul, I borrowed a hood to get the "Squire 10" made, and had enough of the side panel to copy the "GardenMark". Mark Wells was able to change colores for the dash decal from his pattern. The gearshift pattern seems to be the same as AC one, but the safety decal above shifter doesn't apear to be common with anything. I believe the drag link is the same on all of my round hooded tractors.

MPH
Like that color Ken, did you have it mixed or come up with a rattle can to work? The years the gold color was sold by Wards would be interenting to get pinned down. I have a garden Mark 700 version that is orange and a 65 I believe blue and white Wards by Gilson. What was the last year Simplicity sold through Wards?

rsachs
Ken that looks great! I just sent you some PTO pictures that should help with the color. Let me know if you need others. I thought I would post these of the Squire my dad bought new in 65. I hope to repaint it at some point and would be interested in the paint you are using. I have a new seat from Mary, still in a box somewhere.

Note dad's modifications with the cigarette lighter and light switch.

johnmonkey
Hey Rollin, nice squire 10. I guess that the gardenmarks changed colors in 1965, I have a 1963, orange gardenmark squire, it did have a gold mower deck so I may have a mixed breed. jh

msiebern
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Like that color Ken, did you have it mixed or come up with a rattle can to work? The years the gold color was sold by Wards would be interenting to get pinned down. I have a garden Mark 700 version that is orange and a 65 I believe blue and white Wards by Gilson. What was the last year Simplicity sold through Wards?
Marty, I don't have any documentation to back this up, but from what I have seen at various shows, the color change seems to follow the transition from the 700-725 series to the round hood landlord series. From the Kent's Simple trACtors portal site: [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/wards_for_1962.htm[/url] "I'm not sure when the relationship with Montgomery Ward ended, but it appears to roughly coincide with the purchase of Simplicity by Allis Chalmers Manufacturing Company that was finalized in 1965."

PeppyDan
quote:
Originally posted by rsachs
Ken that looks great! I just sent you some PTO pictures that should help with the color. Let me know if you need others. I thought I would post these of the Squire my dad bought new in 65. I hope to repaint it at some point and would be interested in the paint you are using. I have a new seat from Mary, still in a box somewhere.
[img]/club2/attach/rsachs/Sqire10.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/rsachs/dash.jpg[/img]
Note dad's modifications with the cigarette lighter and light switch.
[img]/club2/attach/rsachs/tag.jpg[/img]

WOW, in my opinion you should leave it with the original paint! It's hard to find Squire's with that nice of paint and decals. Maybe a little touch-up here and there to hide the sore spots. I see it still wears the original back tires, are the fronts also original. Acken, great looking pics, I had a Squire 9 for a few years and always thought it would be a very nice looking tractor when properly restored, I was right!!!8D Dan

ZippoVarga
Just saw a wards yesterday during my tractor hunting detail to Ohio. It has a gold tiller, gold deck, gold grader blade, gold snow blower and a gold plow all in well used condition and unrestored....and it's all "NOT FOR SALE IN MY LIFETIME" according to the owner...lol. I tried, but he wasn't budging. CXX(