Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydraulic Lift for 7112H

Blazerjeepman3

I have a 7112H I would like to install a hydraulic lift on instead of the electric lift that was available on the 7112H and the 7114H.I have an electric lift from a 3314V that I used for a while but never really liked it. Too slow compared to my 3212H with a hydraulic lift. According to a factory brochure I have, the Hydraulic lift was available on the 7116H( B/S single cyclinder) ,7117H,and 7119H Kohler Twin cylinders. Would the lift from a 7116,17,or 19 work on a 7112 work without a whole lot of modifications? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,Larry

I just installed it on one of mine. It's real easy to do. Just copy this and bring it into a dealer to order the parts.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the information. Now I need to find the parts and pieces to hook everything up,( Hyd lines, cylinder,mounting brackets,etc) This all started out when I was looking at my old manuals and noticed it was available on certain models.Also the Simplicity parts manual files do not show anything in detail about all the parts needed. What I would really like to see is how this was hooked up, Does anyone have a tractor they are parting out with all the needed parts . I looked at e-bay and did not see anything Thanks again and any comments or help are appreciated. Larry

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
I see you guys are getting some use out of my drawing. :D8D Thanks for posting it for him, Elon.
My pleasure Rod. Thanks for drawing them.dOd

I highly recommend that when you do it, you pull the battery, drain the gas and oil, and put 'er up on end to do the work. BLT and I converted my 912 to a hydro last year. Here is a link: [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=69964&SearchTerms=hydro[/url]

Best bet is what you mentioned earlier. Find a donor tractor with everything you need and do a parts swap. You'll still need to swap the correct relief valves into the correct spots but you'll have everything you need plus some spare parts for later.

Thanks Eric and Dave for the tips on doing the install. I just got in from the foothills of NC and it was cold.Dave , noticed from the member roster that you are from Mocksville. Bought my last trailer from Trailers of East Coast there on I-40. I live down here in Mooresville not to far from you.I make trips up that way quite often going to Mayodan and to the Outer Banks. Would love to see those 620s sometime, as they have always being one of favoites.If you hear of anyone who might have a doner tractor please let me know. I would be willing to go 150 /200 miles to get one.On e-bay you hardly ever see anything for sale in NC,Va. or SC. Everything seems to be further north. Thanks again

Larry, call me anytime. I'll be around for the next few weeks before work gets started back. Best bet is to watch out for a tractor with a blown engine or rusted out or something. They aren't too many floating around here in bad shape but if you'll keep your eyes open around junk yard lawn mower places they will turn up.

You may be disappointed. The 7100/900 series hydraulics do not work like the early FDT models. It is much slower (not much faster than the electric lift).

quote:
Originally posted by ac.d17iv
Can a hydraulic lift be installed on a AC 712H?
Yes Bret, as long as it has the Sundstrand pump you have the hookups for it. Mike, I would say the electric is the slowest, and the hydraulic lifts on the sundstrand's being a close secound to the foot dragger's.

Bret, I installed a hydraulic lift on an AC716H. That is what I was working on when I made the drawing in the Ehertzfeld post above. The lift works great. I bought the extra check valve parts from Simplicity. I think they cost around $38 a couple years ago.