Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New member ?

Al

Just found about this site about 3 wks ago. Neat. I heard about from my friend in Sim service at the factory. It is every thing he told me.
I am 60 yrs old, a retired senior electronics test tech. 38 yrs with Rockwell International. We run an Outdoor power dealership. Started in 1977, Hired people to run it days for 18 yrs while I worked else where. Last 4 yrs I am there days too. Simplicity is our biggest line, but we have Ariens, Gravely, Grasshopper, Stihl, Echo, Jonsereds, Poulan, Lawn boy, Toro, Toro Com., Brs, Kohler, Tecumseh, Kawasaki, and do warranty work for many others.
We normaly sell about 40 plus new Simplicity units a yr.
I have a number of old 2 wheelers, plus some old lever steer wonderboys. The ones like flying a plane. I also have 5 Cushman scooters, another interest.

Eleven years previous to starting the Power Business, I hired people and commercial mowed. Simplicity was the only garden tractors I used. First 3 yrs we mowed a HILLY 26 acre cemetary with a 10 hp Landlord (Wards Squire 10) Later up grade to 3212V and 3212H with 16 hp tune up kits when the 16s came out. We started the outdoor power bus. doing only golf cars. Several companies tried to get us to take a tractor line. We would only take Simplicity. When I commercial mowed, we big tired, weighted and dualed them and mowed places that were previously mowed with a lawn boy and rope. We beat the hell out of them and they took it. Thats what I wanted to sell, we have now for about 20 yrs. I am a Briggs MST. (Master Service Tech), and in my early life raced and did performance engine machine work and building. We sponsor a couple of pullers, and the pro stock puts out 41.2 hp on a dyno at 6100, built from a K 341 Kohler block on pump gas, with a stock carb. (club rules).
I think I have joined this club, but if I need to do something formal, or send dues etc let me know I'll gladly support it.

This is where my interests are, I just don't have time to get at restoring my gems. I am Kind of new to this discussion thing and if I have too long of responses or too many, etc. Please just tell me. Thanks again for the group. I love it. AL

Al
Welcome to the A C / Simplicity Garden
Tractor Club.
There is not any dues but we do take donations for expenses if you would like to help with the cost of the page and updates to the software as needed.
I am the club treasurer and live in Casey, IL. You can contact me via E Mail if you need more information about the group. The president of the group is Tim Johnson, from Easton, PA. I am sure you will be able to answer lots of questions the members have about there equipment. I worked for a Simplicity dealer in the 60"s so am fimular on the older equipment but have not kept up with the newer tractors. Thanks for the info about yourself and again we welcome you to this group.
Larry

Great to have you with us Al. I'm sure with all your experience you will be a worthy contributer for some valuable information. Sounds like you've taken your Simplicitys where no man has dared to go!

Hi Al,
You have already posted quite a bit of "good tech" for us, and I'm sure I speak for others in saying that we are grateful to have another fine dealer on the site. Simplicity has already been fairly cooperative with Kent, but having another of their dealers aboard can't help but make them take the club even more seriously as an asset to them.
I don't recall seeing you post the name and location of your dealership, and I'm sure there are those who would like to do business with you if you care to.
Again, welcome.
Fred

Thanks to everybody. I purposely didn't mention my business name, because I was excited about the site. I didn't want to "Exploit" the site. I was comfortable just participating. My purpose was not to use it as a marketing medium. I am now comfortable making this info available. I own Edens Ltd. we are located in Anamosa, Ia., a town of about 3900 people, about 20 miles NE of Cedar Rapids, about 1/3 of the way between Cedar Rapids and Dubuque. We sell wholegoods ONLY set up serviced and with instruction on the proper operation. We UPS parts, and have a source for most brands. We carry quite a lot of parts. We have an 800 number for orders, In most cases due to shipping costs, if you have a co-operative local dealer, it is probably to your advanatage to buy there. I am not trying in any to use this club to compete with the dealer in your area. We are very glad to do business with anybody that wishes to. We are currently not set up for internet orders, as we still use the 800 line. We accept Discover, Visa and Mastercard. This is my home e-mail address, as that is where I am when I get on line. Our shop email address is edensltd@n-connect.net. Our shop address is as follows: Edens Ltd. 201 Mechanic st. Anamosa Ia. 52205. Ph 319-462-2214 or 1-800-462-2218 for orders, fax 1-319-462-2109. We have a web page, but nothing on it yet. Will advise when it is up. Thanks for asking, I appreciate your interest. This is a GREAT group Al