Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3012H going together again!!!! 2/17/08

ehertzfeld

Well thanks to a nice gentleman named Reed, I got back to the 3012 hydro conversion. I picked up the trans from Reed last weekend, and started putting things back together. I still have some things to figure out, but hopefully it will be running and driving in a few weeks. Here is were I'm at right now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ehertzfeld

• D-17_Dave

• joshuaareed

• Roy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:
Originally posted by ronb212
looks good Elon, will check it out when it warms up!
See ya Saturday????:D

quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
Looks like a nice start! Do you care to elaborate about the two levers on the left side of the dash? Dan
Yes I will elaborate about the two levers.:D This is going to be a dedicated "Elon" bucket tractor. The lower lever is for the lift, and the top is going to be the dump.

quote:
Originally posted by cojo92
Looks great!!:D...Just one thing tho...How do you work on them in the cold weather!?!?!?!?? I cant...lol
In the first picture, on the left, do you see the two milk crates stacked up? Well inside the top of is my Mr Heater on a propane tank. Thought is really doesn't work that well in this cold. Normally after a half hour, I can take my jacket off.:D

I thought maybe you going to have one for the front lift and one for the rear lift! I am doing similar hydraulics on my Sunstar loader project! Dan

quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
I thought maybe you going to have one for the front lift and one for the rear lift! I am doing similar hydraulics on my Sunstar loader project! Dan
I thought about that, but I want the rear for counter weight.

Looking good Elon, if you need some more room I could store some of your other tractors in my garage for you. LOL!!! Nice fleet, I am jealous.

Lookin good Elon. But, wouldn't a double spool valve with the levers beside each other work smoother? Progress looks real good though. Looks like we all have a project going on right now.lol:D

" wouldn't a double spool valve with the levers beside each other work smoother?" Kinda my thought too. Looking good for a major remodel. You plan on foot control hydro drive?

quote:
Lookin good Elon. But, wouldn't a double spool valve with the levers beside each other work smoother
Yeah it probably would, but then I would have had these two valves sitting here doing nothing.:D

Well, Elon that didn't take long. I finished my vickers transplant enough to know that it works other than (surprise) a small leak. I might just have to use the other sundstrand but I think I'll wait for it to warm up before I do much more work out in the (cold) garage.:D:O

Well by all accounts, it is going to work just fine. After a few leaks, and getting blasted with the acorns getting blown out from under the sheet metal, I got the engine running, and tried the lift and dump. It works well sitting there, I didn't get to try to move and use the lift, but I hope to soon. I still have to take care of some rubbing issues. I know some of you are going to ask why I ran the two main lines on the side of the frame, and the answer is, every were I tried to run the lines, they were tight against a part of the frame, or not enough room. It's not what I had in mined, but oh well, nothing ever is, right???:D

Oops. I forgot the pictures!:D

This is the single acting cylinder that I'm going to use for the dump.

These came in today. 10.5 AGs. The rims are are being painted as I type this.:D

Getting anxious to see the finished setup Elon. When you said while "I'm typing this" did you mean you had Melanie outside helping you sand rims???

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
When you said while "I'm typing this" did you mean you had Melanie outside helping you sand rims???
Ok maybe I should have said, "wile your reading this"!:D

Well, bad news tonight. I thought I was going to the next step, but wile trying to install the tower, I noticed that it hits the fitting on the cylinder. I can't turn the cylinder around, as the fitting would hit the drive shaft coupler. I guess I'll have to take the lift out of Ugly Betty and use the cylinder and mount of of that. Oh well, it will have to wait till the weekend.

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
Looking good! That had to be a few bucks worth of Hydraulic hoses.?
$20 for the two long ones coming out of the trans. The others I had laying around.