Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Leaf Vac ??

MPH

Ok, I goofed, should have got the camera before I started. Took the drive pullies apart last night on the vac unit I brought home because they squeaked when turned, laid it out neatly for easy reasembly, except I didn't notice which way the main bracket pipe that holds the bearings is suppose to be.B) This way

or that way

The grease serk never had a gun put on it, only sign of lub inside was what Simplicity put on the shaft, bears were rusted tight but have come lose with lots of PB and Kroil. Guess I'll be calling SLI for new ones. Lucky, don't think it was used at all as there is no wear on the shaft. As the one in my old book looks different sure would be thankful for a picture of one still put together. Thanks.

Don't know if this is the same diagram you have, but it looks like the grease zerk is to the front here with holes on the tabs up and the pulley on the shaft to the right.

Marty, I like your workbench top made from an old door. Easy way to get a nice large, flat surface to work on. Looks like you have it on a nice sturdy steel frame. ^ Carry on,

I never pass up a chance to score a solid core door Roy, they make great benches. These I cut down to 2 feet deep and made a shelf outta the cutoff. That black you see is a painted 2x4 which sits on 4x4 posts. Not much give in it.