Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Executive decision

mooseman3210

after lengthy planning and decision making process the board of Dad and son made a powerful decision that the 416 that we have been restoring will now become a 410 the decision was made after determining that since the 416 that we are restoring will not be doing a whole lot of work and that since i had put the 16 horse in my 410 to get through the winter & spent a very long time rebuilding the motor that came out of my 410 after i blew it up . we have a completely new machine from top to bottom . all we will have to do is get decals that say 410 and that will be that . we would love to here any and all comments that you all might have on this matter . thank you David M Yarnes AKA President David Yarnes Vice President Here are a couple of pics from the engine rebuild . also stay tuned tomorrow as we will be getting most of the tractor together

So, you put the 16 in the 410, and are putting the 10 in the 416? I see no reason not to since the 16 is already installed and working, no reason to have both apart! Sound thinking to me, carry on.^

Believe me I can understand about those EXECUTIVE DECISIONS. Seems they mostly just get in the way of some good tractor time.:o) Looks good so far, can't wait to see it done. Looks like we have several 300 and 400 series tractors getting some sprucing up here lately. Very nice work everyone.

Yep D-17 Dave the board room was filled to capacity all of the members were there My Dad Me the 410 416 the broad more my son Brandon Gunner and my Daughter Jordan we finished the meeting with a little wrench turning and some painting . I will say the company is one of the best i ever worked for but the pay is horrible it seems like i have to pay to work here LOL :D:D:D but we do work on some important stuff i even feel we might be saving life's

Sensible decision. Sound's like your board meetings are very productive and eventful. And you even get some good quality time with the family.

Hey Dave are you hiring. LOL!!! I sure would love to loose the stressful job and turn wrenches on these tractors for a living. Unfortunately I don't think I could cover the bills with the pay. Looking good, by the way I had a suspicion that that was going to happen any way. The 16hp in the 410 for ever.