Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1960 siplicity 700, value

hey all, i am a new member and have a simplicity 700 and i want to know what it is worth. my local lawn and garden distributor said it was there first rider. but would like to know more and would appreciate any contributions. thanks p. s. i just remembered what else i wanted to ask, can it pull a twelve inch plow?

You may want to visit the history section of simpletractors. Simplicities first riders were walkers with a sulky seat attached. About 1956 Simplicity came out with the Wonderboy rear-engined lawn mower. In 1957 or 1958, the first 4 wheel garden tractor, the Wonderboy 700, was introduced. After one year the name was shortened to just 700 to avoid confusion with the rear-engine models. In 1961 the engine hp was changed to 7 and 1/4 hp and the 700 became the 725. Value? depends on condition and location. Simplicities sell the best in Wisconsin and New York/New England and in local areas where there is strong dealer presence. This is due to the fact that Simplicity tractors are mechanically superior to other tractors(such as Deere and Cub Cadet), particularly with the mower decks. So where you have strong dealer presence, you have high value. Simplicity is a small company and just doesnt have the nation-wide marketing power of some of the other makes.

Forgot to tell you about plows. Garden plows are readily available new from Brinely(your local farm store can get them). There should be used ones around too. These plows use the sleeve hitch. To use a sleeve hitch implement on your 700 you will need an adaptor. If you go to the Parts and Manuals section of simpletractors, and click on drawings, you will find a drawing of such an adaptor. Any good welder should be able to make you one.

After you read about the Simplicity 700 & 725, check out the Allis Chalmers B-1, it's virtually the same tractor. After you read all about them, you probably won't care about the value because yours won't be for sale.

No it will not pull a 12 inch plow.It will pull a 8 inch plow just fine did it for years.Last year I paid $300 for one in running shape with 32 inch lawn mower did take some repair but I did drive it on the truck.If it has electric start and original lights it is worth more.They are a fun tractor to have.The wonderboy 700 was the first riding tractor,first year was 59