Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
John_RI

Hydraulic lift rebuild question

John_RI
I'm starting to dis-assemble a '60`s round style hydro lift assembly and wonder if someone could tell me if the valve spool should slide out the top after the snap ring that holds the the centering spring is removed? I'm thinking it should but I'm not sure if the check valves on the side of the valve body need to be removed first. Thanks for any help. John

BLT
I would take out check valves first, so you know where they are. The pins could fall towards the center and disappear and the are none existent. I spent last fall looking for two. The pins make your float work and hold position when not in float. In fact if you have an extra control valve, I would like to buy it.

John_RI
Thank you bob. There have been times in the past when I've taken things apart & been SURE it should come if I just push a little harder. Well, I was often disappointed with the outcome, and really disappointed with my ability to figure out how things are put together sometimes. Thanks Levi. I pulled this lift system off a parts tractor and the valve spool was stuck. I've been looking at Kirk's hydro seal replacement page which has really given me the courage to tackle this project. I'm hoping to rebuild the lift to have as a spare for my 2012. Thanks again, John

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Mach1martysr
    • kwt
    • dince
    • lt-scir
    • plastikosmd
    • GregB
  • Today's Birthdays

1. gwiseman
      gwiseman
      (66 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts