Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunday's Haul

D-17_Dave

No time yesterday to post this but I'm finally through for today. I picked these up (the 2 generators on the right) Sunday. Hope to take 2 and make 1. 20KW Kohler with Yanmar diesel power plant. We use these on our Featherlite trailers and they are almost bulletproof.

The welder I've had for some time but was on my list for some repairs. Gas tank rusted through from the outside, wouldn't make any power. You know, small stuff. I finished it up this morning cept for a muffler. Spent the afternoon replacing the main service breaker panel in my basement and 145 feet of wire that feeds it from my remote meter base. My hands hurt from bending that 4 ought cable. Hope to get some painting done tom. while it's warm. 70 degrees here today. Boy that won't last long. Looks like I'll need some more projects before I get back on the road.:OB):o) Always into something.

One gen. is supposed to have a bad engine Roy. They are too big for a tractor our size anyway. These are close to 40 HP with a turbo. The welder has a Kohler 18 on it.

Nice find you have there.Wish i could find something like that for power here.We dont get that much bad weather ,but would be nice to have when you need it.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
They are too big for a tractor our size anyway. These are close to 40 HP with a turbo.
Come on Dave. You need to think positive, take one of the Powermax's over to Fastpauls with a box of beer and I'm sure you guys could figure out how to get one to fit. It could be called a Powermax SS.:D:D:D

George, I have one of those diesel projects already started. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47035&SearchTerms=diesel%2Bengine It's been sitting on the back burner for some time now. With the job change and my schedule there always seemed to be something else more important but I have just recently made some progress on the diesel project by getting my local machine shop to get me one of the last conversion shafts made to hook up the diesel to the hydro stat. I'm hoping for a summer project return for it. But for now I'm trying to get some other stuff out of the way. I got both gen sets up and running today. One has a badly worn engine with a bad injector, the other has a bad turbo, bad regulator on the gen pack and is missing all of the engine controls. The good news is I won't have to do any swapping of parts like the Stator or Rotor. I just need to mount a radiator and ad a belt and engine alt. and swap out the turbos. I should have that done tom. I even have a line buried in the ground to the shop for remote start if I want to leave it stationary. I'll most likely set it on a trailer with numerous varying hookups so it's portable. I've never missed anything out of my sheds but this will get put deep in the shed behind stuff so as to not grow legs. Roy, I was having a bout of CRS. The engine on my welder is an Onan Performer 18.

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Dave, you are too young for CRS. :O Thanks for the info.
I'm not so sure about that Roy. I hit the 40 year old mark yesterday.

Dave, If you want, I'l meet you in northern Missouri sometime and take one of those off your hands.;) That'l keep my house up and going, LOL! Especially since I suffered one massive ice storm, and now they say brace for another in a couple weeks. if its the one with the bad engine, I have access to a tractor that will run it, but its not orange, thats the only problem.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Well, happy belated birthday!:J Was this haul a present to yourself? Nice buy, this way you still have several spare parts.^

Well Happy Birthday David!! My wife is celebrating...ah...having her birthday today. But we don't talk about how many this one makes :D

Thanks guys, and yes John, we won't mention that either as long as she still cooks them dogs when I'm up that way.LOL BTW, the Yanmar engines are tagged(I just couldn't see it under the paint) 28.6HP natural and 36.6 turbo'ed. I'm certain with a little "extra" help on the pump that you could get 25KW out of this generator.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Well I just turned 43 on the ninth and I can tell you that CRS is alive and well here at my place....:O:o):D Happy Birthday DavedOd

Happy.....uummmm.....Aniversary??....Yea, Aniversary Mike.....Or something like that right.:o):D I just came in from the shop. Got one complete generator now. I'll have to get a cord on it and load bank it on something for a few hrs now. These are the kind of Happy Birthday to me kind of presents I like. Seems we have lots of birthdays in the club in January. Happy Birthday to you too Mike. I couldn't do this without you.dOd

quote:
Happy.....uummmm.....Aniversary??....Yea, Aniversary Mike.....Or something like that right.:o):D
Well, Anniversary on the 8thdOd, Birthday on the 9th:o) If CRS sets in this time of year it can be really bad....:O:I:D Thanks Dave

;)Dave, don't forget that welder will run some power too!!:D My old Hobart with the Kohler would run our apartment just fine.;) My "NEW" old Airco won't though,,,,no 220.

quote:
Originally posted by JoeJ
;)Dave, don't forget that welder will run some power too!!:D My old Hobart with the Kohler would run our apartment just fine.;) My "NEW" old Airco won't though,,,,no 220.
Oh yes Joe. It'll do about 6kw. Not near enough for the house though. Between the welder and the old 5500 watt Generac I've had for years I was in decent shape with a bunch of drop cords ran through the windows. But boy that was loud and now with gas like it is I can't afford to keep gas lying around. This diesel will handle the fuel setting around longer and be more portable for other needs. I wanted something the wife could just hit a switch and be up and running due to me being gone so much during storm season. Hit the switch and throw the transfer switch and the whole house will be good to go now. I still have the Onan 45kw gas generator hooked up but I'm not around to run it often enough to keep it where it is dependable to start. I think it will soon go down the road.