Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wilm169

RAIN RAIN RAIN just one night [pics now]

wilm169
I wander where this is going to end up, 5+" and still poring down. Schools closed for it today. will get some pics when it gets lighter. Just found out that in are flat land that we have, enough water ran that it washed the cars and ambulances off the roads. No tornados here. State highways are closed [flooded], no one moves very far. Now they are watching 2 dams in Monticello for possible failure.:O:O Update both highway bridges have been closed until inspected, one person died in this[got washed away] and water will probley be gone by noon tomarrow, and the power went off for 4 hours. Boil order on, and ended up with 5 3/4" in about 7 hrs. Only good thing is the beach front propety moved closer. SORRY ROY}:):O

this is a county bridge east side of town 1/2 covered

this is us 231 on the north side of town, the 2 trailers are in the bridge

old iron bridge 2/3 covered

this us 24 on east side of town, it is now closed it washed

this is anouther shot of us231

This is behind my house

This is a 5' man hole under water

B-16_IC
There has been some freaky weather here in the midwest the last few days.sm00 We missed out around here, although we had numerous warnings and watches yesterday. Seeing pics like these make me all the more thankfull. Stay dry and safe!

D-17_Dave
Hate to see all this happening Levi. Just wish there was more we all could do. All this natural disaster going on and all we see on the news is "BLA-BLA-BLA" from our fine "candidates"

wilm169
Looks like the state got all of the highways open. The trailer park will be completly junked, water was 6 feet up in them, almost all of the over flow is gone now I got a new trailer in the back [the remains of the office trialer crushed at the US231 highway,it went under the bridge looks pretty straight though], all of the people from the trailer park are out of a home yet.

wilm169
Here are some links for more pics.and videos. http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BY&Date=20080109&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=801090802&Ref=PH&Profile=1152 http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BY&Date=20080109&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=801090801&Ref=PH&Profile=1152 http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BY&Date=20080108&Category=NEWS10&ArtNo=801080803&Ref=PH&Profile=1152

B-16_IC
Just got done looking at the links, WOW! Very sad, so many people out of there homes.:( Around here the memories of the Mississippi river flood of '93 are still vivid. Never been directly effected, but know plenty who have. I hope you and yours are all able to move on.

BLT
Levi, more coming your way, Kankakee and Iroquois rivers burst there banks and that is almost dead west of you. http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5446151&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1