Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Al

1953 Wards Farm Catalog.

Al
Hi, One of my employees gave me a 1953 Wards Farm Catalog he found on e-bay. I remember drooling over this catalog as a 14 year old. I am attaching a scan of the cover and 2 tractors. There are pictures of 60 attachments for these tractors on 5 pages with 5 corresponding price pages. I will post these pages if there is any interest in seeing them. There are also 2 more tractors on the next page after these that I am posting . I put the Simplicity and Midland captions on these. The Midland has a 6 hp Wisconsin and the Simplicity 5 Hp Briggs.

Catalog cover

I scanned the price sheet and I can't get it below 130k so I am going to try to scan it in sections.

Now the Bottom half

If there is any interest, I will try to post the attachments and prices. Al Eden

D-17_Dave
Thanks Al. I would liked to have ben around to see some of these early tractors come out new. Just think what a generator for those models would be worth now. And can you imagine what a field day Osha would have over the open blade saw now. I mean with that belt on top with no gaurd and such.:o):D

ka9bxg
Hey that saw works great and how can it be dangerous you stand in the back of it.It works fine with the buck saw attachment. I have the plow trac and it does plow nice . Pictures are great and the prices are nice to see . Bob

Willy
In 1953 and 54 I worked for the parks dept. We had a brush saw somewhat like the one pictured., as I remember you could turn the blade up and use it as a buzz saw. We used it to clear small trees and brush if the blade was dull or didn't get a good bite it would kick back and about break your wrist. I was thinking our was a David Bradly but I wouldnt bet the farm on it.

JohnFornaro
I love these pictures of old equipment. This post-war stuff is when I think the American machinery was best. Remember, skilled human beings made everything. Also, the prices. What is $329.50 in 1953 dollars worth today? $1500?