Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3410 Freeby

JimDk

A friend brought me a 3410. He took it in trade and rather than junk it, he gave it to me. It's a little rough, but is mostly all there. I know, it's a RBT, but I like the style of the sloped hood. If it is not too bad, I may fix it. Free is good, and I like a challenge.

Karl, Yes he is a good friend. He is a retired truck driver who started a mower repair business as a part time job. He has more business than he can handle. Elon, Your 3410 looks great. Is that the one that put back to work? Were headlights optional on the 3410, or is your hood off another tractor? Blackpowder deer season ends this week, so I will take time to look the old girl over next week. I see it needs a seat, fender pan and steering wheel. I might have to make a trip to Sandy Lake. Jim

quote:
Originally posted by JimDk
Elon, Your 3410 looks great. Is that the one that put back to work? Were headlights optional on the 3410, or is your hood off another tractor?
Yes this is my wife's old puller turned into a worker. The head lights were an option. Mine do not work, they are blacked out.

All looks fixable from here Jim. heck of a good price.^ As far as it being a RBT, weeeeell, that is fixable on the 3300 models and looks to me like it could be on your 3410}:)}:)

Marty, Are you suggesting that I un-bolt the running boards? This could fan the flames of the great FDT/RBT debate for weeks.sm01sm04 Actually, I thought that I would have Audrey, who has two artificial knees, try to climb on the 3410. She has a tough time with the FDT's. I have a couple of my working tractors with the arm rests removed for that reason. She likes to mow grass, but can't manage the mount, dismount very well. Of course, you guys know that this is just an excuse to keep another tractor. ;);) Jim