Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More Wards Farm Catalog

Al

Hi, Here are the other smaller models and the info and price page. I had to cut the page in 3 to get the file small enough to upload. Wards Chor Trac and Hoe Trac

Specs and Prices

Hope these are readable. Al Eden

Thanks again for the posts Al! I love looking through the old brochures. Gee... I didn't realize Wards offered Raised White Letter tires way back then. Must have been their performance option. :D

I love the large diameter tires. Plus, check out the horsepower and compare to similar models today. They used bigger horses back then.

Thanks Al. I loved catalogs as a kid. My passion was electronics, catalogs like Lafayette, Allied, Fair Radio Sales ... . .

Hi. I used to pour over catalogs. It was like another set of encyclopedias. I was into electronics also from the time I was about 11. My favorite electronics catalog was Burstein Appleby in Kansas City and Newark in addition to the ones listed above. I also used to pour over the Wards, Sears and Spiegel Automotive catalogs and tool catalogs. When I was 14, you could find Model A Fords for $20 to $50, and I would dream about getting one and would look at the catalogs and price all of the parts to overhaul one etc. Rebuilt short blocks were $89.95. I dreamed of all the tools I wanted and couldn't afford. I can still remember when I was about 4, we were poor, and for toys I would make a shop building out of a cardboard box. My mother would make me flour paste and I would cut out tools from the tool catalogs and glue them onto cardboard and then cut out the hammers and wrenches etc. I know I was younger than 5 because I would see the neighbor kids walk by to go to school when the mud roads were too bad to get through with a car to pick them up. I started to school at 5 in first grade. I was always around my dad when he was fixing and making things from the time I could walk and be with him. I also collected and poured over all of the tractor and implement brochures I could get from the implement dealers back then. Maybe being poor wasn't that bad, I learned to appreciate things and making do and dream. this would have been about 1942, at the late part of the depression and early part of the war. Al Eden

Al, it is neat to hear your stories about how you used to make the toy tools, etc. I'll bet no kids do that today. I used to make spaceships out of those small cereal boxes and tape. I didn't have any money to buy all of the toys that were out there. They were just as much fun.

When my dad would see me with the catalogs he'd say "Having the catalog is almost as good as having the stuff, isn't it?" Well, I didn't really think so, but looking back, I sure did get a lot of pleasure out of it. Memories are priceless.