Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
plastikosmd

big and green

plastikosmd
well i decided i wanted my first new tractor. i sold the pasquali and the kubota and got this. 3320 JD, 33 hp, loader, mid pto (for the future 72" deck), quick attach forks, heavy duty bucket, weight box, block heater, hydro. will pick up a little over a ton hangin off the 3point or at the bucket rotation point. i know it aint orange..and the closest i could have come was kubtota...for somethin this size (L3400), but the dealer close by couldnt be bothered to sell me a machine...seemed like too much work for them and the kubota specs regarding loader capacity are much less than the deere (about half) due to what i believe is the kubota design (there is no tie into the frontend on the kubota, just the arms going to the frame) anyway...phew what a machine, twice the size i need, but you only live once.

plastikosmd
yea i looked at a lot of machines...wanted to avoid grey market and the other imports...as i plan to own for a while. was really between kubota and deere as they are near here..sorta. my 1980's kubota was bulletproof...but it wasnt worth setting on the specs..not to mention, once you went to the L series, no mid mount pto, same size machine 2900lbs (without fluids/loader/etc..4k with all) and less hydraulic capacity. plus you just gotta see how the loader comes off, amazing.

Jason
Hi Very nice looking 3320 Deere compact and loader! They are a nice tractor, local JD dealer has sold a lot of them. Too bad Simplicity does not offer a compact tractor that size, but as a green man as well as orange, I got to say that;s a nice unit. Take Care Jason B

B-16_IC
Nice toy! I know what you mean about the loader, my mother in law bought a bit larger (64hp) model last fall, that detach is pretty smart looking. Hey, is that size the "global" machine the bigger ones are? I can think of 4 different countries off the top of my head that had a hand in that 64hp. Nice to see the world working together huh?:D

plastikosmd
yep i would bet there are few countries hands in this one...it is a yammar diesel to start with. ya...ya skunk.knew i was gonna catch some flack for buyin green..but deere plain just out-speced the other machines...except ...manhidra??(spelling) but no local dealer....and im not ready to buy a 17k tractor that i cant spell...:) scott

johnmonkey
sweet tractor, I'm sure if I were to sit on it, I would like it. I know a local farmer (unfortunatly he he just passed, :()All he had was JD, he had some big old machines, some from the 1940's, but most from the 50's and 60's all still running fine. jh

PGL
That Deere looks good. Hope you keep in contact with us Simple folk. I think the Indian tractor company is Mahindra and they make copies/upgrades? of machines like the old International 250 or 275 and some of the Russian Belarus tractors among others. I have an ugly 35 year old Belarus 250 diesel and have found Mahindra can provide some parts, although I haven't needed any yet. They are now making more modern designs I believe.

acken
I did the same thing Scott, only I wasn't brave enough to admit it until you did. I bought a 3203 with the same loader as yours. Our tractors are similar, mine being stripped down a little more than yours. I have to agree with the spec concern you brought up. I really like the lines of the loader frame, as far as visibilty. I looked at both "Orange ones", but in the end went green.

plastikosmd
yea..it beats the kubota hands down...you have to go to a much larger machine to get the same specs..i had a blast with it in the snow..the 3203 is a great machine also..i was orginally lookin at that one..but there were none here..so spent a bit more for the 3320. im glad i didnt go bigger..it is a heavy feelin machine..from what i am use to...4k lbs before counterweight. had a freakin blast in the snow today...for the 15 min it took to clean it up..sigh...so much faster than before..o well..will have time to do other things! did you get the heavy duty bucket on yours? i did..man that thing is built well..i have also added 3 hooks to the bucket...will post a pic for you soon. got the mid pto comin..tho i dont see myself mowing with it...at it's weight..but it was included. i may add a plow..but the loader removed the snow so fast..i may not need it..but i still want it! post a pic so we can see it dont be ashamed...you can still be sittin on green and be orange on the inside! scott

acken
Scott, already added three hooks on mine. Mid PTO not offered on mine, but I do use a 3pt finishing mower (72"). I also found set of rear wheel weights,(I think from a Cub Lowboy), about 75 pounds each. I hope we don't get kicked off site for talking green. I mounted a set of chains up front last weekend, what a difference!

arnoldir
Congratulation on the new machine. I'd recommend you blast it with a spay on detail wax to help keep the grime from sticking. To get rid of snow in a big hurry, it's hard to beat a rear mount PTO blower like this one (Lorenz MFG 66"). with only 20HP at the PTO I've thrown crusty snow over the top of a telephone pole

arnoldir
To give you some perspective, My Cub 7254 has: 58" wheelbase vs 68" on your JD 3320 16.5" rear rims 12" front rims 1800 lbs with loader mounted. 750 lbs capacity at the bucket and 1150 lbs at the 3pt lift pins. About the same as putting an 8' wide blower on your tractor.

plastikosmd
good to know...i may do a blower...was it expensive? i will also have the option to put in on front..the loader takes 3 seconds to remove. pop to latches, while sitting in seat even, then the hydraulics take it right off the machine. or may put plow on...but need more snow to decide. thanks for all the info! scott

ZippoVarga
My neighbor has one of those and the bucket is real trick. His removes with a single lever from the dash then he uncouples 6 lines and it's off. Nice score there, even though it is green. ;)

plastikosmd
ya when i saw the dealer do it...it was sold. pretty amazing your neighbor must have extra lines goin down for grapple control or other stuff..i only have 4 lines as i didnt add a 5th..tho am adding a rear SCV as that is needed to lift the 500lb mower deck underneath!