Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MY FIRST YELLOW TRACTOR!!!!___Vids+pics!!!!

cojo92

:D:DToday i picked up my first yellow tractor with my dad.:D:D It is a B-110 w/ a 36" or 40" snow blower, a 42" deck and High/Low too. The deck was rotted through so the PO put sheet metal on the underside of the deck and welded them on and then puttied the holes. It wasn't frozen a few days ago he said but is was when we got it today...that's no biggie:D. It runs drive and is so nice to ride!!! Its a lot of fun BUT...there are some problems with it; one is that the H/L pulley thing gear yeah_is like messed up. He said that it Bogs in Low...I didn't try it until like an hour ago. i pulled it into the garage to park it and then i said to myself ill try the H/L to see what he means and to ask you guys here on simple tractors but as i put it into Low, HUGE SPARKS jumped out from under my seat!!!! AND...the gas cans were right next to the tractor!!!:O:O So i put it back in High and shut it off and said to myself..."Forget that!!" and i went inside. in the daylight 2morrow I'm going to take another look. The only other problem is that the carb needs to be cleaned. It is a new carb just put on by the PO about 2 years ago i think he said, but it has sat at his cabin in NH for a year. the gas might have gummed up. otherwise it is great!sm01sm01 I need some advice and some info on the H/L gear or pulley thing. Does anyone have one and about how much do they cost!?!??? Oh and the guy was very nice and also has a box of other parts at his cabin in NH so he is going up there and said he will drop off the parts at my house next weekend. Well now that I'm done, i think, with the description, its now time for the TONS OF PICS i have.:D They are just a bunch that i took b4 it got dark. Some and of the same thing over and over but they are all still good.8D^8D VIDEOS!!!!!YEAH!!!!:D:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Rd6v511a4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xblgi33KW2c My new B-110!!

Snow blower

Can someone tell me what that hole is and what its for!?!?!?!?

The snow blower pulley guard.

Snow blower front

The Hitch

The original A/C decal

Counterweight

**DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RECROME THE GRILLE AND HUBCAPS??**

The guys said that he made it so the deck could be lifted higher. can someone show me what it is supposed to look like!?!??? Here's mine...

The fixed part of the deck...

w/out deck on...

underside...is it bad!?!???

The wearing decals...

original start w/ plate...

counterwieght is on;)...

The trans...

The H/L pulley on high...

on Low...

See it hits the belt in Low___is that what might have cauzed the sparks!?!???...

Im gonna add more pics later because my internet is slow now... Hop you like!!!:D:D:D8D8D8D:):):)sm01sm01sm03sm03:Q:Q=8)=8)!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Hey Mike, nice score!!!!!!!:D
Thanks! Hi Elon! Hey i may be coming to you for parts if u got any for b110s...cuz your close to my dads and yeah...gotta save up again...lol and Thanks again elon for the simplicity blower and sears plow!!! i like them alot!!! and now i got a hitch i can use...it will fit the sovereign right??

quote:
Originally posted by MarksA-C
Cool! When is your dad going to stop buying you tractors?!? pi:D
Hey he only bought me the soveriegn for X-mas and i bought my first one...the yeoman...and i have to pay him back...someday...lol

quote:
Originally posted by cojo92
quote:
Thanks! Hi Elon! Hey i may be coming to you for parts if u got any for b110s...cuz your close to my dads and yeah...gotta save up again...lol and Thanks again elon for the simplicity blower and sears plow!!! i like them alot!!! and now i got a hitch i can use...it will fit the sovereign right??
Mike, that hitch is for the B style tractors. That hitch has the PTO built into it. The one you need for the Sovereign is the one with two fixed pulleys or the one with the single fixed pulley. As far as you high/low, check to see if the whole thing is sliding on the shaft. If it is, that probably your problem. There are two set screws that hold it in place. One hold a collar in place, and the other goes through the collar to the shaft. I would check those set screws. Take them out and put lock tight on them. If you don't, they will loose up on you and you won't be able to shift it. Hope that helps.

quote:
quote:
quote:
Mike, that hitch is for the B style tractors. That hitch has the PTO built into it. The one you need for the Sovereign is the one with two fixed pulleys or the one with the single fixed pulley. As far as you high/low, check to see if the whole thing is sliding on the shaft. If it is, that probably your problem. There are two set screws that hold it in place. One hold a collar in place, and the other goes through the collar to the shaft. I would check those set screws. Take them out and put lock tight on them. If you don't, they will loose up on you and you won't be able to shift it. Hope that helps.
OK thanks Elon!! i will check 2morrow

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
Congrads on your new tractor . If you need some part let me know .Very nice scare
ok i will Paul...Thanks!

Nice tractor. The Hi-Low and rear counterweights are valuable accessories. ^ Should keep you busy a while but will be well worth the effort. "Can someone tell me what that hole is and what its for!?!?!?!?" Hard to tell but might be the female receptacle for a cigarette lighter.

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Nice tractor. The Hi-Low and rear counterweights are valuable accessories. ^ Should keep you busy a while but will be well worth the effort. "Can someone tell me what that hole is and what its for!?!?!?!?" Hard to tell but might be the female receptacle for a cigarette lighter.
Ok. yeah that was my first thought.

quote:
The guys said that he made it so the deck could be lifted higher. can someone show me what it is supposed to look like!?!??? Here's mine...
[img]/club2/attach/cojo92/035.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/cojo92/037.jpg[/img]

The flat bar that is attached directly to the mower deck is supposed to be attached with a single bolt through the hole closest to the shaft and to the inside edge of the "bell crank" and lay across and on top the lift shaft with the free end pointing toward the rear end of the tractor. The chain then runs from the end of the flat bar down to the flat bar welded to the rocker arm assembly on the deck. (I assume the bar attached to the deck is the original bar that was attached to the tractor.) I don't know how the po's setup could lift higher since the original assembly would have a much greater arc of travel than what he rigged up. You can see the rusted over mark where the original lever rubbed against the tractor frame just forward of the parking brake "screw clamp"

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
Mike this is the right way it should be

Goes to show a picture is worth a thousand words.

Early model 110. Looks to be in very decent shape. I wouldn't worry to much about the rust on the underside of the tractor until you dig into it a little deeper. I would take some time to go through the tractor since it has sat for so long. A good tune up and check the bearings and brushes in the Starter/generator. As for the Hi/Lo, there are block shaped "dogs" that are in every other bolt hole surrounding the outer edge of the assembly. These must engage the locking hub on the top between the 2 bolts that stick out of the tranny casing. This lock can wear and not hold the block "dogs". If this slips it will make a lot of sparks. You also need to shift this only when disengaging the clutch and with the tranny in gear. This will prevent the pulley from free wheeling and grinding causing it to spark.

Nice score, don't forget to check behind the engine metal for mouse nests. They can get packed full in a hurry and not give the engine proper cooling. Dan