Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B-16_IC

Agco 1618H Misprint right?

B-16_IC
I am looking at going to an auction in the coming weeks that has an Agco Allis 1618H listed, needs attention. In looking through the wonderous archives of SimpleTractors all I see is 1900 series, not 1600. Is this a misprint? If it is a 1918, what color would it be? All I see is Deutz-Allis, no Agco Allis. Thanks for any help.

Chris727
I think it would be something along the lines of a newer regent or maybe a newer Landlord model. It should be orange, probably made sometime since 1990, probably has a vertical shaft engine.

ac.d17iv
The 1600 series is an Agco Allis version of a Broadmoor. They were made from the mid 90's until 2003. In 2003, they changed to the current Broadmoor/Agco 1620 styling. The most common Agco Allis 1600's are the 1616.

B-16_IC
Sounds to me like a good mowing machine, not so much of a ground engaging kind of beast. I sold the Bolens I bought a while back, hopefully new owner will pick up and pay before then! Always nice to have a little extra jingle when going to sales, never know!:D

ac.d17iv
I mowed with one once and did think it mowed nice. Here is a listing on the net: http://www.equipmentlocator.com/asp/eDetails/AGCO+ALLIS/1616+2wd/eqID/400477/eID/74/loc/na-en/close/yes/ I see them on ebay frequently.

B-16_IC
Thanks for the additional info guys!^ Now I know what it compares to and what it looks like. Pretty smooth looking machine I think, I am hoping the engine is teats up as I have one around here in need of a job.