Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MarksA-C

707 Ready for snow

MarksA-C
lol, kinda. Not night vision...but that might be a later project pi:D I home-made the bracket/rod and bought the lights and such at Walmart! Electric start is finally done too! For the wiring I have a fuse holder and a box of 15 (Style) fuses. For the wire I got some heavier gauge wire that is double the size of the light wire so I can run a single wire. (This should work right?) I did solder the stuff so far but my soldering skills aren't so good...so it bulging and such should cause the wire to short right?

(New Stuff) ITs all done! A lot brighter than I thought!

I don't know if I'm gunna sell it now! I like it too much...

mooseman3210
looks good mark can't wait to get started on our 707 to restore . but i think it will be a while before i have to worry about the lights . nice look i like the way the lights stick out . mooseman

joshuaareed
Looking good Mark, make sure you put the fuse holder within 6 inched of your power source. You don't have to have a neat solder joint to be a good one. If your wires don't pull apart than it is probably a good solder joint. I do a lot of wiring for work( light bars, sirens and two way radios, as well as repairing electronics) so if you need any help be sure to e-mail me or PM me. Looks like you are doing a fine job. I really like the way those lights look on your 707.

RipRat
heat shrink tubing over the solder joints works well to. You can get the heat shrink at Radio Shack. Put it on the wire first the solder the joint then slide it over the joint and heat it with a heat gun to melt it.

SimpleTom
Looks good Mark! I'm glad those measurements I gave you helped you make that light bar. It looks just like mine now.

I may have to go to Wal Mart myself and buy a set of those lights for one of my other project tractors. Tom