Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 gone through, Ready for snow

FastPaul

Started last night .replaced the BGB that was junk. A hole day today, Tuned up the steering replaced the drive shaft, when i took it apart there was a hydro pulley on the BGB end ? go figure I had to take the motor out because there was only one bolt holding the angle piece that supports the rear axle pivot and that was loose to. I also put a newer grill on because the old one was kina messed up This tractor really needed some attention. I got it all back together all fluids changed and everything in working order. It runs great I'll have to give it a try tomorrow, The weather man says 10 to 14 starting tomorrow am.

Looking real good, I need to save up for a FDT. I am getting jeolous of all you guys with nice looking FDT's. My day will come, I am sure. I think I need to brighten up my garage with a little yellow paint, ya know.

i still think fast Paul has a garage some were with bout 500 of these things and every couple of weeks he pulls another one out and rebuilds it .. maybe he has all of them i can't seem to find one ??? looks good Paul can't wait to see it done ...

I'm always amazed at the speed with which you work and the quality of the resto's you do. Hat is off to you. Wish I had half the skill and 25% of the patience you do.

Patience? I think that's the wrong kind. A guy that can tear down, repair, and reassemble one of these tractors in 1 day doesn't need more patience, he needs more patients (more tractors to work on!).