Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ac620

cuda70

i love it it doesnt overheat the trans like the hondas do the tractor was in a garage from 1980 to 2000 when i got it.i went right thru it in 2000 and now its got 381 hrs since total rebuild.all kinds of power we use it to move boats 23ft was the bigest boat it will move and the bucket will lift a 454 chevy boat engine like nothing. too bad i have to sell it but i need a bigger tractor

Why would one type of engine heat the transmission more than another. Less horsepower ? Better cooling fan ?

Swede that was too funny, I couldn't help but start laughing out loud. Sorry Larry, but I do really like your tractor , maybe one day I will hit the lottery and be able to buy one.

Ron, I don't know why one cools better, but I have the identical replacement on my 620 with loader and have no cooling problems. Prior posts in forum indicates other engines have caused overheating and some added extra cooling. Probably a combination of factors, but probably better dissipation of heat through fins and air flow.

I would think with a loader that you don't use the engines hard enough to create enough heat to notice an issue with a loader or some other lighter duty attachment. When you use a deck with any engine you likely to pull the engine much harder creating more heat.

i use this tractor to mow over 1acre of grass with the loader bucket blocking a lot of air and still it never gets hot.have also used it to pull a 3point hitch pto driven brush hog and it never got hot.the briggs is just a better swap than the honda.