Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tires

mr_emerson

Does anyone know where to buy tires at a good price? Im looking to replace the stock tire's on my B-110, The rears i want 26x12-12 possably Carsile Super Lug and front im looking for a ribbed type.

I'd watch on E-Bay. A word of caution on the 26x12x12 lug tires. You will need wider rims, with the correct offset for clearance between tractor and tire. You also may have to raise or alter your seat pan.

I really like my 26x12x12's I would do it again. Next time I would know what to expect. I had to take them off and put the turf tires on untill I worked out problems. I know many members use a smaller size.

Use whatever size suits you. I have two sets of 26x12x12, a set of 23x10.5x12, and two sets of 23x8.5x12. I cut my rims and weld in bands to make the wider wheels needed for the large tires. Here is a picture of me on my 713S. The rear tires are 26x12x12 turfs that I purchased on ebay. The front tri-ribs came from Rustybore's Tire Store also on ebay.

I have the tires your thinking about. It's on my 64 Landlord. I had to get rims, and also fabricate the seat pan. I also have a few 23x10.5x12 and love them. They are a bit cheaper than the 26inch tires, and you don't have to worry about what rims you need. I get most of my tires from Tucker tire on Ebay. The only problem with Tucker, is you never know what brand tires your going to get. I personally don't care too much. Tucker seems to be a tad cheaper than the other sellers. Do the research and see what works best for you. Good luck8D

I've had good experiences buying tires from Rustybore's; been very helpful and reasonably priced. If you're close by, he'll also mount the tires. I purchased Carlisle TruPower 23x10.50-12 ags since they mounted 'flatter' on the 7" rims I had. I've been very happy with them. http://cgi.ebay.com/26x12-00-12-SUPER-LUG-a-Quality-AG-LUG-Tire_W0QQitemZ300186662813QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50377QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I would also vote for the TruPowers over the Super Lugs. In addition to "sitting flatter" on the ground, the TruPowers have more and larger lugs than the Super Lugs.

Thats it ! Im going with the 26x12-12 Super Lug, thanks to everyone's input. Now, what size front tire should i use to balance it out. Whats everyone else running. I thank all for suggestions.

If you have a set of the narrow wheels, I like the 4.00x8 tri-ribs. The 16x6.50x8 tri-ribs that fit the wide front wheels are nice but they are a little too costly for me.

You didn't mention what you plan to use the tractor for, so here are a couple of things to think about before you buy. By using the 26x12x12 tires the back of your tractor will be higher. This "rake" in the tractor will be compounded as you get further back from the center line of the back tire. This can cause problems with rear mounted attachments. A tiller will not go into the ground as deep, and it can change the entry angle of a breaking plow. In addition, the rear tire will not fit down in the furrow so this will change the side angle and keep the plow from working as designed. The larger tire can also make it much more difficult to side a mower deck under the tractor and can slightly change the angle of the belt which may cause alignment issues. They will increase the ground speed of the tractor in all gears. I just wanted to point out these things in case you hadn't though of them. All that be said, they would look great on most tractors! Good Luck! Dan

Check out your local Walmart if it has a tire shop. I bought Carlisle turfs for short money and was shocked when they only charged me for the tires. No charge for mounting the tires. They don't have Trupowers on the shelf but the manager said if it is made by Carlisle they can get them.

Good point Dan: Im using it for tilling, but will alter it if needed. Last year i purchased a Dixxie Chopper to cut my grass, so i wont need it for that. You are rite, i never did think of these things but i will work around them, knowing what to look for. Thank You

I did order the tires from http://stores.ebay.com/Rustybores-Tire-Store, and have to say the gentleman i spoke to was very knowledgable about wheels and tires, i would recommend to anyone.