Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Regent 38" mower trade

Hi, I am new to this board, but this looks like an excellent site. I just recently bought a new 15 hp Regent hydro w/38" deck. I am wondering if I made a mistake and should get a larger deck like the 44" deck or maybe the mulching deck. What do you guys think? Is this lawn tractor able to handle the larger deck or should I stay with the 38"? Also, does anyone have any idea how much more the larger deck will cost if I trade in the 38"? Is there any demand for an new 38" deck? Thanks in advance for the help.

michigandon
Hi Warren, What seems to be the problem with the 38" deck? Is it that your yard is bigger then you thought and its taking to much time to mow it? Reason that I ask is I recently got a new Broadmoor with the 38" deck 16hp engine and have found it to be an ideal size for me. But like I mentioned your case might be different. If your dealer sold you a deck that is really to small for your yard he just might make you some type of a deal on a larger one. At least thats what my dealer told me when I or I should say my kids bought mine for me. I don't see why the 44" deck would big to large for the 15hp engine as thats what one of my neighbors is running on his yellow and white lawn tractor. I looked at the mulching deck for the Broadmoor "same as your tractor" but decided to go with the conventional deck with the optional bagging system which I feel was a good way to go. You can always add the mulching kit to the conventional deck and still have the best of 2 worlds although I have heard of no complaints on the strickley mulching deck itself. I don't know if this helps you or not but hopefully others will add to this. Best of luck, >>->happyjack<-<<