Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Karl_Brandt

First Allis Chalmers for 2008

Karl_Brandt
Here are my First Allis Chalmers tractor find for 2008. I bought this 1973 Allis Chalmers Scamp 5 rider on Sunday.sm00:D
[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/scamp5.jpg[/img]
I bought this 1974 Allis Chalmers 710 tractor on Monday.sm00:D
[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/HPIM1011.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/HPIM1012.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/HPIM1013.JPG[/img]
This is the 42 inch mower deck that came with the AC 710. There is one blade missing....bottom of spindle broke off.:O
[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/deck.jpg[/img]
Just as I was about to leave I seen this Brinly-Hardy 42 inch rear landscape blade.Had just enough room in the truck for this blade.
[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/rearblade.jpg[/img]
After that I run out of cash and no more room in truck...had to leave behind another Allis Chalmers 712S tractor.:( Karl

Chris727
A great way to start the year. The deck looks like it had a rough life but the tractor looks nice, the scamp looks to be in good shape, and the brinly blade looks pretty heavy duty compared to the new one I got at home depot.

johnmonkey
Nice work, I got a 710 6 speed that I like alot, she is my Heavy duty tractor, tilling, snow plowing etc, I got 50# rear weights on her, w/ lug tires. jh

ZippoVarga
Hey, there's a NOS set of lights for that 710 on ebay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370014656994&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=024

Karl_Brandt
I got the Allis Chalmers 710 running today,needs a little TLC. I took off the car steering wheeland cleaned out the carb & cleaned the points.Looks like the engine had a new carb on it a few years ago along with a new starter. I drove by the small engine repair shop I bought this tractor on Monday.....but had no time to stop.:( Was think on running a snowblower on this tractor.^ I have a 36 inch snowblower and pto just sittng around. My neighbor was over today to check out my AC tractor. He has farmed with Allis Chalmers tractors for years...he has a AC 5050 and his Father had a Allis Chalmers WD45 years ago. Karl