Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
joshuaareed

7112H question

Ronald Hribar
I apologize in advance for changeing the subject in this thread. Maynard Did you get your new tractor in time for this weeks weather ?

UCD
Ron No, both tractors are still at the dealers. The Legacy XL waiting for the blower and the 7790 waiting for a bevel gear. The gear should be there today and the blower tomorrow if Simplicity doesn't mess up again. I was there yesterday afternoon and they were just finishing installing the cab and one of the tech's did an excellent job of converting the hydrostatic controls to hand control. If you did not know that it was adapted to hand control you could not tell. The tractor has foot controlled forward and reverse and forward only cruise control. It now has forward and reverse hand controls.

HubbardRA
The only disadvantage to the Sunstrand that I have heard of, is that the Vickers supposedly has a more linear control on the tractor speed. I have two of the Sunstrand trannys. I can see absolutely no drawbacks to them. The more I hear about leakage problems on the Vickers, the more I am glad to have a Sunstrand. Plus, you can easily run a hydrolift directly from the charge pump on the Sunstrand. This was a factory option on the later model tractors.