Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lawn and Garden Collector mag question

SimpleTom

Did anyone else receive their latest magazine? I was reading the Simplicity article and it seems that my magazine is missing the some pages. The paragraph starts on one page with this sentence: "To aid in driver comfort, Simplicity designed two major features to" Then the next page continues with this: "stalled to quiet the engine noise. The placement of the engine on the frame......" Is this like everyone elses or is mine missing some pages? Tom

Took me a while to figure it out too but the article is complete. They just got one of the paragraphs out of order. When you get to the bottom of the column just go to the top of the column and read that paragraph then got to top of next page. Looks like they forgot the copy reader.

After they ran the article last issue on the Deere 400 series and said the 400 was the first sub-compact on the market I'm about ready to let my subscription run out. Is there no one in the world of Deere that will admit that the 400 is their version of the sub-compact line behind the Powermax line from Simplicity/AC?? They haven't done anything they told me they were going to do with articles and resources. Frankly I'm disappointed with them.

I'm not a subscriber but I know a few local subscribers and have seen their copies, looks OK to me but I've heard that they don't write the articles themselves, they ask the collectors who want to be featured to write their own articles? If that is true, then that is why some articles would sound one-sided. The powermaxes were introduced around 72, the jd 400 wasn't introduced until 75 and it was not the first of its kind, I found this on WFM's description of the 400: "Deere obviously introduced the 400 to take on all the competition, which at that time was primarily Bolen’s HT-20."

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
After they ran the article last issue on the Deere 400 series and said the 400 was the first sub-compact on the market I'm about ready to let my subscription run out. Is there no one in the world of Deere that will admit that the 400 is their version of the sub-compact line behind the Powermax line from Simplicity/AC?? They haven't done anything they told me they were going to do with articles and resources. Frankly I'm disappointed with them.
I take most of that with a grain of salt. I think it definitely has a green bent which is understandable considering who Hapco is but has some decent articles. I really liked the article on the Ingersoll tractors this month. They could use a good copy reader.