Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
FastPaul

Rototiller questions

FastPaul
I'm planing on restoring a rototiller for the Big Ten I just got done with .In picture one there's a bracket that looks like some type of hitch for an add on ,It looks to be factory ?? dose anyone know what it is? The one in picture two looks to be home made .Maybe a hitch to tow a trailer ? also I looked at the site info and there are extentions that make the 36" into a 42" any info on this subject would be helpfull . Thanks

dav
i have 3 of the round style tillers. none of them have that hitch nor is there any indication that there might have been one. the extensions are 2 more of the sections you already have. they bolt to the outboard ends of the existing sections. in picture one, there is a flap to extend the guard. is that factory?

dirtsaver
Paul I'm thinking the top picture may be a tiller for the "walking" tractors and the hitch might be for a transport wheel. The hitch on the second tiller looks added on and best guess is it was for some sort of drag harrow. My tiller that came originally with my 3012V has the extension kit. It consists of one extra tine section and a sheetmetal extension that bolts in between the shield and the end plates. I took it off and stored it because the hard clay here was beating me and the tractor to death. I figured 10" less was also less stress on everything. Larry

ka9bxg
To me the first picture is of the bracket for a middle buster. Since the transmission for the tiller takes up so much space and does not break up the soil.I have never seen one before on a rider tiller. The Walker middle buster looks completly different.I like the hitch idea would be great for pulling a trailer. None of mine has any. Bob