Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC-B210 Grader Blade

I have lying around an old 4' grader blade attachment for some other green type of tractor. :) I want to adapt it to fit my B-210 and I have a few questions. Which is better for use, a front or rear mount? If mounted on the front of the tractor (which I prefer) would the weight of the soil that I am pushing tend to push the tractor off track and sideways? The blade already has an angle adjustment which I want to keep. Also is a four foot blade a little too much for the tractor? I won't be pushing anything too heavy, just typical driveway grading etc. Since I am a welder by trade, I can fabricate just about anything, so building a mount or cutting down the blade won't be a big problem. As always, any information is greatly appreciated! Bud

Since you have to make a hitch anyway, why not make one that will work on front and rear? I wouldn't cut the blade down until I tried it as is, and see how it works.

I agree with Herb. I use a 42" and 46" on my 1964 Landlord and I do notice a difference between the size of the blades but I don't really feel personally 2" more will hurt. Unless you are into some heavy wet snow or even trying to push dirt around. Ya just take alittle less of a bite when needed when possible. About front or back blade- I have both and the front mounted blade seems to work better as for some reason tractors like to push better then pull from my experience. But Herb again made a good point on making a hitch that will do both. I won't give up either of mine front or back blades as I have found a use for both depending on what needs to be done. Good Luck, >>->happyjack<-<<

If you are looking at "grader" blade the center mount blade cannot be beat for leveling and contouring dirt/gravel etc. I can push much more dirt with the center blade than the front blade, without any problems with traction, side slipping etc. Other than snow >> center is the way to go. Mike S.

I own the stock center mount grader blade used on a B212a tractor, if you are trying to get the blade to bite into hard dirt, I stand ontop of the blade to get more "bite".

Speaking of snow -- one of the snowthower operator's manuals that I recently posted had an interesting tip. Use a center mounted grader blade at the SAME time (using a right lift lever) that you use your snowthrower. The grader blade scrapes up the 1/2" of snow the snowthrower leaves, and with the angle set correctly, will pile it right beside the fesh snow, ready to be picked up and thrown on your next pass... That's my only complaint with the snowthrower -- this winter, with the frequent snows, I got an ice build-up at times from just that thin layer of snow that the snowthower left. Eventually the sun would melt it, but sometimes it took a few days, or a little assistance with sand or salt...