Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need Product Manuals? Call Simplicity

SmilinSam

Anyone needing owners, parts, or service manuals for Simplicity, Allis Chalmers or any other name made by Simplicity, can call Simplicity Technical Publications at (414)284-8519. If you have a credit card you can order right then. If not, get the manual #, price and shipping then mail them a check with the numbers. I think the prices are quite reasonable. They usually have the original manuals, if not it is either a reprint or a photo copy. Most of the dozen or so I have purchased have been new original copies. The only one that has been a photocopy was a manual for my #370 Weeedcutter. I was suprised to get a original manual for a 1961 46" sickle mower once. Make sure you have the product ID# handy because you HAVE to have it to order. Sam

Wow, you had good luck!! I e-mailed them about a riding mower I am working on for someone. It is a Montgomery wards riding mower. It is a 8 HP Briggs motor. They need a couple of new belts. Wards has gone belly up so they cant help me. Simplicity said that they made things for wards many years ago, but no longer have the manuals for them. Hey!! You call them and ask them about the unit, it's a 1974 "GX7" if you have any luck, e-mail me. Thanks, Patrick

Patrick, I'm not sure about the rear engine riders, but Simplicity quit making 4-wheel garden tractors for Wards before 1968 -- the ones pictured in a 1968 Wards catalog are Gilsons for sure -- I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but it seems to roughly coincide with Allis-Chalmers buying Simplicity, but I don't know if there's any relationship.... BTW, Simplicity's cutoff date for stocking manuals is typically 30 years.... Kent