Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
lboy1971

hydraulic lift on a 63/64 9HP simplicity tractor

beamer
I wonder if anyone has been able to put together a system very similar to the original? I would be interested in such a kit or the schematic. The units I've looked at would be a little bulky. I would also be interested in the the actual dimensions of the parts in order to create a kit. Has anyone done this? Mike

lboy1971
How common are the hydraulic lifts on these tractors. I believe it's AC equivalent is a B10 or there abouts. I picked up a simplicity with a tiller,mower deck and snow thrower with the hydraulic lift setup instead of manual. It ran good but had an external coil used. How much would that hydraulic lift be worth by itself? Thanks

schaefer72
hi i bought one from another club member in a package deal and figured i paid about $100 dollars for it complete with all the parts - i thought it a fair price and if your patient i think most people could find one for around this price - but i have seen people trying to sell them for as much as a $300 plus - this in my opinion would be a just to much -

Kent
I don't know how common they are, but they're not as rare as things like loaders, for sure. I think they're fairly common, but people "don't part with them" often -- they're very desirable. Why? Instead of worrying about lifting my tiller (ala Dutch's concerns with lifting his new disc harrow) I have to worry about too much down pressure and bending my rear lift rod (I've done it -- they later went to a "sliding link" in the lift bar to prevent this). I can lift the rear of the tractor off the ground with the tiller or the front of the tractor with the blade or blower... Note of caution -- you have to try avoiding this and getting the control lever to the "float" position quickly or you'll tend to put too much stress on system and end up with bent lift rods, "runaway tillers", etc. I have a hydraulic lift on my Big Ten and different one on my B-210 -- they were one of the primary factors that pointed toward those specific tractors. I think there were only two major versions of the systems, according to the things I've seen in the B-series repair manuals and the parts manuals, but I think I've seen three different MFR numbers (two for the older type, one for the new). Here's a link that may be helpful...[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/hydraulics/hydraulic_lift.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/hydraulics/hydraulic_lift.htm[/a]

christopher
Thought someone might be interested in this. it might work to help put together a system. I think this is more for a loader but it might work. ebay item #1219042728 dual spool hyd valve cubcadet