Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

SIMPLICITY-WARDS?????

I am working on a friends 1974 Montgomery wards riding mower. It has an 8hp briggs motor, The briggs code reads: MODEL-170702, TYPE-5127-01, CODE-74012911. The engine sits in the rear of the unit. It is orange and says "GX7" on the front of it, the Serial number and model number from the tag reads as follows: MODEL#ZYJ-82A SERIAL#47X-1197. Please e-mail me at CURL28@HOTMAIL.COM If you know who made this thing and how we could get a manual for it. Simplicity told me that they made mowers for wards years ago, but no longer have any manuals for them. Thanks!! Patrick

schaefer72
you might try the yahoo clubs under tractors there are at least 2 clubs that have to deal with wards garden tractors - maybe someone there might be able to help - good luck -

Kent
Patrick, When Simplicity quit making the 4-wheel garden tractors (Landlords rebadged as Garden Mark Squires, etc) in the mid-to-late 1960's Gilson started making them... I don't know how long this continued or if it applied to the rear engine riders.... Kent