Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Economy Tractor

paull

I am looking for anyone with knowledge of parts available for an Economy Tractor. I was told they were sold by A/C dealers in the 60's. It is a 18HP garden tractor that is built identically to a D17. Any help would be great.

Hi Mike,
I don't pretend to know all the different models that Allis sold in the 60's, but are you sure that it's not an economy sold and manufactured by Power King tractors? I used to have an 18 horse power king, and it had Economy decals on it, and was 18 horse. It was a fairly good sized tractor, with 24" rear rims, and tandem transmissions. It was orange and black, and I suppose it did look similar to a down sized D17 now that I think about it. Anyway, that's just my best guess, maybe someone else can tell you for sure. Tony

I believe Tony was correct. These are now sold as Power King. Huskie trucks Formally Houlmaster and Power King have just been purchased by Yazoo-Kees. Try to find a dealer in your area, If you can't e-mail me and I'll try to get you what you need. We sell the Huskie trucks and are just getting our franchise moved to the new operation. Good Luck, Al

Mike,
Tony and Al are on the money. Your Economy may have been sold by AN Allis-Chalmers dealer, but they never were an A-C product.
Economy/Power King/Jim Dandy were from Engineering Products of Waukesha, WI; then (only as Power King) Support Services International of Beaver Dam, WI; then HCC, Inc. of Mendota, IL; and now owned by Yazoo/Kees.
Whether or not Yazoo has a clue about the older units at this early stage, or cares, I don't know. Try them at www.yazookees.com .
Good luck,
Fred

Mike-Try this web address for a nice webpage for the economy tractor you are talking about. Also, this machine was not mfg'd. by AC, but it is a sturdy tractor, a bit cantankerous and hard to operate, definitely a tough machine however.
http://members.aol.com/economy24/private/index.htm