Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
richp

Simplicity rototiller help

richp
Hi. I’m hoping that someone can provide me with some help. I became a first-time 7013 owner a little over two years ago and have started to collect attachments for my tractor. I recently had the good fortune to acquire a pretty good Simplicity rototiller and also managed to get the seller to throw in some associated goodies (attaching bracket, lift rod, pulleys, idler assembly, and belt). I realized when I purchased the stuff that it wasn’t going to exactly fit my machine and figured that I would adapt it . It came off of what appeared to be a 60s-70s model (maybe a 700?) of which the seller didn’t know much about. Unfortunately, due to a new job, I find myself with too little time to get any rototiller adapting done. What I need help with is two things: 1) properly identifying the rototiller I currently have so I can find it a new home (I think it is a 990174-32", but I can't find a model number on the tiller), and 2) identifying and acquiring the correct rototiller for my 7013. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Jerry

DaveM
Jerry, Simplicity manufactured (3)32" tillers, mfg no. 990455, 990392 & 990174. According to my 1961 Simplicity sales brochure, the 990174 was an attachment offered for the model 725 tractor. If your 7013 tractor has a manual tranmission this tiller can be adapted to work. You just need to make a new bracket to attach the PTO belt tension rod to on the left hand tranmission mounting plate. If you 7013 tractor has a hydro tranmission the PTO will not work. The Simplicity tiller mfg nos. offered for your tractor are: 1690039 (36") and 1690287 (38" HD).

I have the original paper work that came with a Simplicity 32" roto-tiller for a model 700. If a copy would help you out, I'd gladly send you one.