Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fresh Green Grass

At the end of this storm I will have almost four feet of snow in some spots in my yard. There will be no grass cutting for me. Paul

It gets pretty hot and humid up here in SE NY in the summer too.Maybe not quite as bad as you there in TX. though! happy mowing!

I can't believe that you good folks up Northeast are having to deal with snow. I pity you, as yesterday I mowed nice fresh green grass in my fruit orchard with my "new" B-210. Here in East Texas the flowers are in full bloom, the air is sweet with new clover. :) :) Bud P.S. Of course we have to deal with the terible Summer heat and humidity, so we all deal with something I guess. Best of luck to you guys and stay warm!

Thanks for the "warm" words... the storm has started and we anticpate the heaviest snow this afternoon into tomorrow. Locally (central MA), we are looking at 2 to 3 feet of snow. My B-112 w/ snowblower does a great job but I'll be out there a few times rather than fighting it all at once. Mike

I think I'll just stay in nice moderate East Tennessee. No blizzards and summers that are bearable. I'm sure glad the rest of the world doesn't like pregnant women and hillbillys. Roy

But Roy, blowing snow is MUCH more fun than mowing grass... I've already blown 10"-12" this afternoon and evening, and it's still coming down... probably another 4"-6" since the last time... I'm trying to decide if I make one last run before I go to bed... especially when they're saying at least another 10" -14" before we're done... mowing the lawn once a week just doesn't compare! No dust, no bugs, no sweat! LOL Kent

Here in central Minn. we are still in winter BIG TIME! We will have over 70" of snow this year, and bitter cold, what a brutal winter indeed. My 620's have really gotten a workout this winter, and March is one of the big snow months. I think it will be mid June before we see any grass!I long to get on the tractor and smell that fresh cut grass with a cold one in the cup holder, and maybe some day it will happen. Floydster

Kent, Your idea of fun is grotesque!! I spent my last Michigan winter in Big Rapids (50 mile North of Grand Rapids). It was 30 below for some weeks, then warmed up to 20 below for a week or two, and then we had a heat wave of 0 degrees. Floyd, Hang in there. Summer will come! If only for a day or two in late July to mid-August. I have a neat story about snow which I will forward to kent. Maybe he will post it for all to enjoy. Roy

Break out the sun tan lotion. Nearly 70deg today in Oregons Willamette Valley without a cloud in the sky. Yea, yea, we'll probably pay later but it sure was nice. I spent eighteen years in Michigan and I've been frozen stiff by storms off lakes Huron, Michigan and Gitche Gumee. No more thank you! Sure, hacking through a foot of ice to go perch fishing is fun, but ice on the inside of your bedroom windows is not. And yes, I did walk a mile uphill both ways through four foot snow drifts when I was a kid. Seriously, keep the fireplace going everyone.

you all can keep the green grass i love the white gold and can take some more. hay north east how about giving some of that white gold to iowa. i can see brown grass so we need snow as soon as possable!!!! smile