Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle Bar Mower

Hello. First time on this site. Does anyone out there know where I can get a Sickle Bar Mower for my 1993 Sunstar? The type I have seen on this site mount the same as my 60in. mower deck, their part numbers were 1600197-57in., and 1690030-46in. Can one off these work on mine? Can one be changed without too much work to fit on mine? Does anyone know of some company that might make one to fit my Sunstar? Thanks KenB

Ken, The sickle bars your looking at were made in the 60's and 70's. The 46 inch for the garden tractors and 57 inch is for the power max ( the big garden tractor ). The company that built them went out of business. And the sickle sections and guards are no longer available. If you could find someone to sell you one, you would have to do a lot of fabricating to make it work. In my opinion, I don't think you would be happy with the end result. They wasn't that great when they were new. I'm in the process of rebuilding one to use guards and sections you can buy off the shelf. Bill Crusan, a club member, has done the conversion. If you want more info, let me know. Steve J

Actually the company is still in business, I can get it tommorrow, I found that they make pull behind tillers and other products, but if wnated I can find the number.-BradW