Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Snowblower belt issue resolved!

Thanks Mike for your help on this, the numbers really worked wonders. I found a new dealer in Tolland, CT and he was able to explain how to set up the guides on the pullys too. It ended up that I had put one guide on wrong. One thing to note for your files though. The snowblower belt number has changed from 106769 to 1721533, I suspect the others may have too, but the original will eventually get the right belt for you. I picked up a spare while I was at it. Should've had one anyway, these things never break when you don't need them. I could've saved hours of shoveling and aching muscles. Now for that cold beer, ahhhhhhh!

tsteahr
That dealer in Tolland, CT is very helpfull. I picked up a used, mint condition 36" blower and hitch for my Broadmoor a couple years ago fro him. There was a problem with the blower but he stood behind his sale and made things right with no questions asked. My parents have also had nothing but good experiences from this dealer with a walk behind blower they bought there about 5 years ago. Highly Reccomended. Tom Steahr

Tom, I agree. I talked to a younger guy there and he was really helpful. There was an older guy there as well, who I assumed was probably the owner and he seemed to be interested in the conversation, as a matter of fact he was putting the belts on a reorder list from Simplicity. I'll go back there again next time I need something. It's a bit of a drive for me, I live in Monson, MA... but good service is a hard thing to come by and I'll drive to get it. Leo

Kent
There's also a good, longtime Agco-Allis Lawn & Garden dealer that's not too far away. The owner, Calvin Neely (nickname Cal), is a club member... YANKEE SALES & SERVICE 146 WOODSTOCK ROAD PO BOX 27 EAST WOODSTOCK, CT 06244 (860) 928-0341 I've found him quite helpful in the past, but I now have a Simplicity dealer closer to home, with Klem's Agway in Spencer... They're helpful, but not too knowledgeable, since they're a very new dealer (about two years). But, as an Agway and New Holland dealer, they have a good stock of aftermarket parts and accessories....