Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JDSnyder

Rear sleeve hitch/lift 7000/7100

JDSnyder
Does anyone know the value of a used rear lift/sleeve hitch kit to fit 3400/7000/700 etc. series tractors? Will the same lift parts work on the 7100/900 series? Are these parts still available from Sim. and if so, approx. new cost? I was only able to find 1 old add on the for sale pages for $75. Is this about right? Thanks for any info. Brent

BradW
I bought, cut and drilled all the parts I needed to make one today (I already have a hitch to copy from, I just needed another to sell with one of my tillers). I just need to drill a 1" hole yet (my uni-bit only goes up to 3/4") and weld it together tomorrow at work. So-far I have $17.01 in the parts and about 2 hours time. I have not yet bought the aircraft cable but that can't be much. When complete I'll post the bill of materials. One difference between mine and the factory is I'm using 3/4" all-thread with nylon-insert locknuts for the lower shaft instead of the collars with the set-screws. Lowe's doesn't sell 3/4" round stock and the collars. I had to make a plastic reducing bushing for the left side as well as the hole on the tractor is about an 1 1/4" to allow you to install and remove the hitch. I made the reducing bushing by glueing a 3/4" PVC coupling on a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe and cutting it about 3/8" wide. This give a 3/4" inside diameter and 1 1/4" outside diameter and fits pretty well. Not sure how well the PVC bushing will hold up, but gonna give it a try. All else should be as strong as the factory. I'll keep y'all posted. Brent

Les
There is a drawing of one in the parts section(as I recall) of the site. You can print off a copy of the drawing. The welder in my town said he would build me one for $50. The same adaptor should work from the B-1 up to a 1999 Soveriegn.