Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Walkers

christopher

Hello Christopher, Go check that machine out, they are very handy to have. I picked up a Wards Plow Trac which is actually a Simplicity Model V on Ebay this past summer. It has several attachments, and I have found it to be extremly usefull. It can do anything my 4 wheel tractor can do except mow the lawn (Anybody have a spare Reel Mower Attachment). It spent much of the fall season wearing turf tires and pulling a 40" tine aerator. It is ideally suited for this task as it is way more manueverable going forward and can be backed up into any tight corner. I'm having so much fun with it I just picked up an 8HP Kohler Magnum with electric start that I intend to swap in this spring. I'm planning on hustling as many aerating jobs as possible, and do not want to risk the original engine. Plus with an alternator and battery I can fit up headlights and electric lift. Good luck.

Hello Christopher, There are quite a few of these old Simplicity walking tractors still out there.I have several of them. My web page has lots of information on these tractors,also have a Model listing with pictures and specs. Also most of my collection is online,Simplicity walking tractors that I have too. [A href='http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/falls/5395/index.html']http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/falls/5395/index.html[/a]

Hello, I was wondering if there were many of the walkers out there. I "found" one today after driving by it every day for five years going to work. It appears to be a smaller tractor from the info on this web site, has wheel weights, cultivator,disk and plow that I can see. I think it has been sitting out for a while. I have known that it was there it just never occured that it might be a Simplicity until I noticed that the disk was like mine. I haven't had the opportunity to check on it yet but it doesn't seem to be geting used. So I guess it won't hurt to ask. Any info or reccomendations would be appreciated. I also found what I believe is the remains of a yeoman or other small frame tractor along the side of the road this weekend. It still has the lift lever on it (right side). I am going to try to get it and modify the lift lever to fit my landlords. Thanks for any replies, Chris

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 1948 simplicity model D that is powered by a 1944 briggs model N engine.I will send a photo of it when I get done.