Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

'64 Landlord parts; disk Harrow question

christopher

Hey everyone, A little while ago there were some questions about the lift lever grips that someone had for sale on ebay for the old Simplicitys. I bought one hoping that it would be correct and it wasn't. I was at an auction the other day and came across the exact same original lift lever grip for $1 a piece, if anyone else wants one let me know and I can e-mail you a picture to show you what it is. Needless to say I bought one. Also I found out that the original Simplicity gas caps with the guage is still available from Stens, or your local Sten dealer. I've been looking for one of these gas caps for a while and have always bought the wrong ones. Also, I was looking through the brochures on this site for the '64 Landlord and was wondering is the grille chromed, or just the side posts chromed? In one of the pictures it looks like the whole thing is chromed. Ok, one last question and I'll be done. I recently bought a Simplicity disk harrow at a flea market (manufac. #990027) and it seems to have wooden blocks for bearings? Its really odd, I've never seen anything like it, but there are wood blocks in there that act as bearings, or are there actually supposed to be bushings in the blocks or are the blocks even supposed to be there? I looked on this site for some info, but couldn't come up with a description of the bushing/bearing idea. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it. If you need pictures to better find out, let me know and I can e-mail a picture to anyone interested. Sorry for the long post, thanks again everyone! Mark

Mark, It sounds like it is original. My disk and parts book are wood blocks and I don't see anything for bushings. my parts book is for mfg#206, but I don't believe they changed much. If anybody knows I am wrong please correct me. Chris

The wood blocks are orinigal they work very well and never seem to wear out.Wood was used a lot on old equipment a little oil or grease on hard wood blocks and they will keep going forever as long as it does not turn fast.Bob

About the grill, My 1964 Landlord has the painted grill but the side posts are crome plated. Best to all, >>->happyjack<-<<

• 1 month later...
My landlord has chrome post and a painted grill The wood block bearings and Great they are usally made of APPLE wood and it does last