Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B 112 variable speed HELP

Bunky

I have a B112 and it has the variable speed i have adjusted the belt according to the instructions and it still seems too loose there seems to be little or no tension on idler below can anyone help

Check the bushing on the idler pulley arm pivot point. If that's loose the idler can rock to the side and not properly tension the belt. I had that problem on a 3212.

Adjust the bolt between the pulleys to close the pulleys enough to tighten the belt, but loose enough to disengage when you depress the clutch. Cal

I have posted this question before. I have 2 simplicity belts for the variable speed and one is definitently longer than the other. Was there two different belts? My shorter belt has this written on it. "Allis-Chalmers 2027012 gates" The longer belt says "Simplicity" but I can't make out the numbers. Mike S.

Mike as far as I know there was only 1 belt size for the vari-speed 2027012 was the allis # and I don't recall the sim # but if you go to a cross ref. chart the # for AC & Sim. always gives the other#. One belt could have been adjusted tighter and thus streched some another reason that these belts need adj. from time to time is the design of the system was alway squeezing the belt and wearing the sides off. But by far a lot better setup than JD 2 belt system of the same vintage. Even the 300 series AC used the same part #. Cal