Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

big ten drive belt installation

I need to know where I can find intructions or pictures on how you go about installing a new drive belt on the big ten tractors. I can't figure out how to do it and could use any help thanks scott P.S. I could also use a photo copy of a owners manual for a big ten. I am handi-capped and can't afford to buy one right now and need one to fix my tractor. also how do you install the mower deck on that tractor also.

Erich_Siewert
Scott, You have to take the teo bolts off of the pully that drives the belt. Then you need to take the manual starter pully off(if you have one) then ther is a plate that comes off behinde that is a plastic disk. after that is off there is a ring that comes off and in that is a strip of plastic. then you put the new belt on the transmision pully first than on the drive pully.the idler goes on the out side of the belt.you put it back together by repeating the takeoff steps backwards don't forget to put the plastic disck back in if you don't when you depress the clutch it will be noisy Erich