Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

720 Serial #Question

BEB

First let me say I just joined the club and I am amazed and thrilled of what I have found.My gongrats to those who made it possible.I own 3 Allis 720 that I will reg. shortly two units have serial #starting with a typical 16****** however one tractor has a # of 3042175 stamped on a allis ID plate also with the words Outdoor World Mill. the ID plate has the Allis logo.Looking forward to any help and future discussions.Thanks

The 304 prefix on the serial number was used with the 620 series not the 720. I wonder if you have a 620 which has been re-annointed or perhaps a very early 720 as AC was making the shift to the 720. Perhaps with the world mill stamp it was a demo tractor or something and not meant for normal sale. Another check is the engine sn - it will have a prefix which indicates the date of engine manufacture. IE 373 would mean the engine was built in March of 1973. Also the engine model number for the 720 was CCKB-J. The CCKB-H was the model of engine for the 620. My 620 was a late one in early 74 just before the 720 came out. My sn was 3042770 and the engine was built in March of 74. Your serial number is real close to mine. Check your engine SN and see when it was built. And check your other tractors against the SN's of other 720 owners in the club. Three 720's - WOW !! Is that legal to have that many? Are there lots of 720's and 620's in Ontario? Steve

Thanks for the help I think we on the right track.I need to clarify one thing on the data plate it reads Outdoor World Milwaukii Wis.The only difference in the tractor is this unit has a fabric seat verses a vinyl on my other tractors.The serial # on the engine is 02775-927574,this unit has the 720 decals.I think you are correct.There are very few Allis 720 that I have seen in this area the last one I bought was just recently and I found on this web site and it was only 15 miles from home.As far as I know it still legal to own 3 720s.

Check out the photo of the serial # on my AC620 in the gallery the serial # is 3042768. Does your SN plate look the same? Kraig[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/km_620.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/km_620.htm[/a]