Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rear hitch

christopher

I just realized that I may have misunderstood your question. Are you are asking about the rod that goes into the rear lift and is used to lift the rear sleeve hitch? If so, I can't help you since I don't have one. If you're asking about the length of the rod that goes from the attachment lift lever (or hydro lift) through the frame tunnel to the rear lift group then I have one I can measure and let you know. That's what I originally thought you're asking about, when you mentioned a 1/2" pipe -- since it's a 9/16" rod with 1/2" threaded connnection....

Kent, yes it is the rod that goes into the lift socket for the sleeve hitch. I was using the 1/2" pipe because it was all I had that would fitin the hole. I wanted to get the length right before I spent the money on a solid rod. Thanks for the reply anyway, and keep up the great work on the site. Chris

hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the length of their rear lift rod. I have looked at the drawings for the sleeve hitch but it doesn't tell. I already have the lower member just need to get the top made. I have been experimenting with 1/2" pipe so I will get the real one right. thanks for any help. Chris to clarify for any one I am looking for the rod that goes into the lift socket.

• 2 weeks later...
Chris, my B series tracto0rs and attachments service manual shows what I think you want as part of the hitch adapter. Its called the lift pin, has 4 links of chain on the end but they give no length. I made mine out of a tire iron rod, good steel, I got tired of benting half inch pipe, most of what I have hook to my 725 or B112 is home made so far.this site give hope