Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RayS

3112H

RayS
Hi, I just bought a 3112H that I ran across the other day and had a few question to ask.the hydro transmission goes faster in reverse than it does in forward about twice as fast just the opposite as it should. the oil in the resvoir was a brownish color and really dirty, I drain the oil and change the filter these filters seem to be very exspensive 15.00.The battery is at full charge but wont start from the key unless you jump start off the solnoid would the starter be shot,when I purchased it the starter would turn from the key switch.someone must have changed the engine at one time because it has a briggs 16hp in it instead of a 12hp it runs pretty good though.and one last question does simplicity make decal sets for this tractor or anyone else.the transmission lever also seem to move while sitting and ideling to it starts to move if you put in neutral it starts to move backwards so you have to put it above neutral about a half an inch then the lever starts creeping back towards neutral.thanks any help would be appreciated.

for the decals contact uncle bob at robert.winter@snet.net, tell him i sent ya Lloyd holden