Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Solid white handle and crank guards

Les
Roger, I was thinking of doing the same thing, as I just bought the last guard sold on ebay. That guard had a starting bid of $9.99 and a "buy it now" price of $25.00. I waited until the auction was almost up, by which time the "buy it now" price had increased to $35.00. I wound up buying the guard for $9.99, but was surprised to find that the shipping, which consisted of a very small envelope, was $7.00. Now the same place has another guard listed with an opening bid of $19.99. These items are nice for restorations,so if you can really produce them for under $10.00 and have reasonable shipping rates,then I think you will have some buyers (I personally would like to have 2 more!). However,you must admit that it is hard to justify spending upwards of $20.00+ for a little piece of rubber that goes on the crankshaft of a 30 year old garden tractor. Good luck and let me know how things work out. Colin P.S. I think that only the very early tractors had the same grip on the lift lever as the front crank. The late B-10 and the B-110s that I have all have the black grip (more like a bicycle handlebar grip) on the lift levers. Does the same company produce those as well??

schaefer72
Roger- i to would be interested in getting a couple of those white grips - i have held off buying them on ebay because they seemed overpriced and wasn't sure of the quality - let us know when and where to get them - thanks

I have found the original handles grips for the old Simplicity and AC. From what I see, the shaft protector is the same piece just cut off. I am presently working on generating a list of people that want them. The price will be less that $10.00 each. These are not dyed. Roger